Chapter 55: Tails' Escape

Subspace Prison - Present Day

In the Subspace prison, Trainer looked through the bars of the prison and uttered, "Go...So hungry..."

Mei-Ling looked at Tails who was staring off into space and walked over to him, her heels clicking as she stepped to the fox. "Tails, what are you doing?"

"See those Primids over there?" Tails replied, noting a patrol of five Primids riding Trowlons. The patrol entered a giant hole and Tails explained, "Every thirty minutes, a patrol of those two come and it takes around 40 seconds for another patrol to come out of that hole. That means there is a 40-second hole of how we can escape!"

"But...I don't know..." Palutena uttered.

"...Maybe if we can be careful," Toad said.

"Here. I'll start." Tails managed to squeeze through the bars of the cage. He took a deep breath and made a dashing sprint to another cage. The cage swung on his impact and Tails whimpered a bit.

Mei-Ling whispered a bit in Chinese and the cage that Tails hung onto stopped swinging. Tails looked around and sighed in relief that the Primid patrol didn't notice. He took a few breaths and kept swinging from cage to cage.

"He's doing it!" Toad exclaimed.

Tails finally managed to fly with his tails and reached an exit out of the prison. He turned to face the others. He waved to signal that he was okay. Mei-Ling chuckled and Palutena said, "Thank the gods..."

Tails smiled and said, "Okay, I'm gonna find a way to turn off the systems and get us out of here."

He proceeded to turn the other way and saw Dimentio, Mewtwo, and Necrozma standing in front of him. Dimentio clapped his hands and said, "Well, well, well...We were here to check on you heroes but...Oh, ho-ho, this is TOO GOOD!" he activated his communicator and said, "Ganondorf...The fox broke out. What do you want us to do with him?"

"Hurt him...BAD..." Ganondorf's voice replied. "...I have a way on how we can motivate our hedgehog friend."

Necrozma chuckled and Mewtwo's hand glowed. Dimentio and Necrozma chuckled and Mewtwo smiled. Tails whimpered and Mewtwo prepared to attack.

The others in the cage heard Tails' screams of pain and Poo wished he could help. Palutena sighed in sadness and Toad uttered, "Oh, God..."

"Who can save us now?" Trainer asked. "I really wish Ken came back..."