Chapter 35: The Forest of Focus At Night

Meanwhile at the Forest of Focus

Incineroar, Pichu, Shulk, Ryu, and Cloud entered the forest through one of America's portals. Pichu gasped and Ryu said, "It seems we must be in another forest. We must find the girl that makes these portals."

"How do you know that she's here?" Cloud asked.

"I sense her life force somewhere in a town not far from us."

"Wow! How?!?" Incineroar asked.

"I'm a master of Martial Arts."

"Well, we'd better get going!" Incineroar began to march and then heard rumbling. "Woah! Earthquake!"

Suddenly, the five looked up and saw...the faint image of the Halberd in the trees. They gasped in fear and ran to a better vantage point to see the battleship flying right toward Postwick. Incineroar noticed the town in the distance and looked at the others. "We'd better get out of this forest and to that town, now!"

"Right!" Cloud agreed.

"Piii..." Pichu's cheeks sparked and he was confident but suddenly fell back. "...Pichu..."

"Don't worry." Incineroar patted the mouse Pokemon's head. "You'll get it soon."

The five quickly moved through the forest and saw Medusa and numerous Subspace creatures capturing tons of Pokemon and the goddess growled. "Faster! Faster! We need to gather all these Pokemon within that forest...and also get that blue hedgehog that Ganondorf wants for some reason..."

"The fuck?" Shulk whispered.

"Whatever this is, they're capturing innocent Pokemon," Incineroar said. "And I'm not letting them capture any more of them..."

He appeared out of the bushes and charged at the goddess. "HEY, Snake Head!! How 'bout you have a taste of a bad kitty?!?" he jumped into the air and dived down diagonally at Medusa who dodged it, avoiding the explosion left in the crash.

"Hyah!" Shulk slashed the Monado at a R.O.B.

"Hadoken!" Ryu attacked a Feyesh and Sword Primid.

Cloud quickly dashed at some of the cages containing the innocent Pokemon and slashed the locks of each cage. Incineroar released a fiery breath from his belt and hit Medusa and a few Primids.

Medusa managed to fire a few shadow balls from her staff and hit the Pokemon with one of them. Shulk activated the Buster ability of the Monado and destroyed a bunch of Subspace creatures with a slash of his sword.

"Gyah!" Medusa groaned in anger. She turned on a communications device and said into it, "We failed to get the Pokemon as prisoners for the Halberd. I'm returning to the Subspace..." She suddenly grinned. "...with a prize." she then pulled out a Dark Cannon and fired at Pichu who dodged it.

Medusa cackled and blasted more arrows from the Dark Cannon and the five quickly kept dodging them. Shulk grunted and said, "We've gotta kick her ass and destroy that cannon!"

Ryu analyzed Medusa's posture and her grip on the cannon from afar and then fired a Hadoken. Cloud knew what he was doing and released a Blade Beam from his Buster Sword. Medusa got hit by the two projectiles and lost her grip on the Dark Cannon. Cloud destroyed the cannon in one slice and Medusa growled. 

"Curse you, heroes!" Medusa yelled. "This isn't the last you've seen of me!!"

She disappeared and the last few Subspace creatures retreated further into the forest. Incineroar cackled and posed. "YEAH!"

He suddenly noticed the Halberd flying further to Postwick and Ryu said, "We must make it to that town."

"Right."

"Let's go," Cloud said.

"Aye!" Shulk said.