Chapter 56: Kept You Waiting, Huh?

The Comet Observatory - Universe-302050305

The heroes gathered around the lobby of the Comet Observatory. Captain Falcon looked around and Rosalina clapped her hands for everyone's attention.

R.O.B. rolled up to her and projected a hologram from his eyes. "OKAY. I HAVE PROVIDED A LAYOUT OF THE HALBERD FROM MY FILES. THE HALBERD IS CURRENTLY IN UNIVERSE-5. THIS IS A MASSIVE AND DANGEROUS BATTLESHIP THAT IS SURROUNDED WITH SUBSPACE CREATURES."

"There's no traps, right?" Ike asked.

"NEGATIVE. EXCEPT IF YOU COUNT PRIMIDS AND SHAYDAS AS TRAPS."

"Okay. Where's Peach, America, and Zelda?" Mario asked.

"THEY SEEM TO BE IN THIS ROOM."

"Alright."

"Now, we repaired the Great Fox and are ready to get back in the air, but we need to know who's going with us and who's gonna infiltrate the Halberd," Fox said.

"Okay...Oh, Jesus, Peach always nails this part..." Mario whispered but then spoke out, "Me, Link, Sonic, and R.O.B. are gonna go inside the ship through the help of Samus' ship and help out Lucario and Meta Knight."

"Okay, 22, me, Pikachu, and the rest are going to provide the Great Fox covering fire," Samus said.

"It seems that we're going to go through with this plan," Rosalina said.

"Let's do it!" Falco announced.

The heroes entered their respective ships. As Pikachu and Incineroar entered Samus' ship with Mario and Sonic, Incineroar said, "Hey, Pikachu. I'm sorry about your friends all those years ago."

"Pika, pi," Pikachu said, nodding.

Fox and Falco entered their Arwings and Fox smiled confidently. The pilot said, "Okay, guys. Let's ROCK AND ROLL!!"

The ships then flew into the air and Sonic used a Ring to open a giant portal to Universe-5. The numerous ships flew through the giant portal and the heroes noticed the Halberd in the distance. 

Marth, aboard the Comet Observatory, gazed at the giant battleship and uttered, "Meta Knight...I pray to the gods that you've made it back onto that ship."

In a part of the Halberd

A man emerged from the old cardboard box that had been sitting there for a while. He had spiky brown hair, a beard, and a large gray headband tied around his forehead like Ryu. He was wearing a grey bodysuit with black boots, gloves, and several belts and ammo clips. The man's name was Solid Snake.

"Kept you waiting, huh?" Snake said