Chapter 60: The Plan

Cameran Palace, Kingdom of Rota, Northern Kanto Region, Universe-5010305 - Five years ago...

Lucario sensed a massive spike in Aura around the area he was in. "Sir Aaron..." he then lept to where he felt his mentor Sir Aaron's Aura and faced him. "...Why did you abandon the Queen?"

"Telepathy..." he heard "Sir Aaron"'s voice speak.

"Answer me!"

"I don't understand."

"TELL ME NOW!! WHY DID YOU ABANDON THE QUEEN?!?!!?"

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!"

"What??" he felt his ties drop and he weakly opened his eyes. He saw that "Sir Aaron" was actually just a small boy dressed in blue and gray robes just like Sir Aaron and holding his mentor's staff. "Huh??? What?!?!"

He suddenly discovered he was in a ballroom and turned to see a massive crowd dressed in royal clothes. He ran out of the ballroom and saw more and more people. He looked into the sky and...fireworks erupted in the sky. The new spectacles were catching Lucario's eyes and he was still confused. "Why are they celebrating??? Their kingdom is under attack!! I need answers!!!"

Running through the castle courtyard, he stumbled upon a crowd of people and fireworks illuminating the sky. Despite the celebrations, he couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss. As he kept running, panic set in, and his thoughts raced.

Finally, he found himself in the museum section of the castle, collapsing beside a vase that was carefully protected like a glass case. His heart raced, and he began to hyperventilate. He was suffering from a panic attack.

He struggled to breathe and a muffled female voice rang in his ears, "Lucario? Lucario? Lucario? Lucario, are you okay?"

He suddenly felt a hand run down his stomach and he felt much better. His breathing slowed and he felt his heart slow down to a normal pace. He took one more breath and opened his eyes. He stood up and then noticed a beautiful woman in front of him.

The woman had a gleaming white texture, green eyes, a golden tiara on her head, blonde waist-length hair, and wore a purple, blue, and white dress with a golden necklace and blue brooch. She appeared to be with her elderly servant and the same boy who looked like Sir Aaron.

Lucario smiled and exclaimed, "Oh! Lady Rin!"

The servant turned on the lights and the princess-like woman said, "I'm afraid I am not who you think I am."

"W-What??"

"You see, my name is Lady Ilene, and Lady Rin was one of my ancestors."

Was Lucario hearing that right? Rin was this woman's ancestor? Was...Rin dead? It couldn't be. Lucario was in shock and felt like he was going through another panic.

Ilene approached Lucario and hugged him, causing his cheeks to redden. He turned to see the new...Queen of Rota? He wasn't sure if she was the Queen or not.

"You've been asleep for a long time, Lucario," Ilene said.

"Is that possible?"

"I am telling you the truth."

Lucario broke free from Ilene and stepped back, afraid. "But..." he bumped behind another case. "I-I was in this room! Just a few days ago!"

"Please believe me." Ilene's voice was sweet but pleading. "It may seem like days ago, but the reality is that you haven't walked in this palace for centuries."

Lucario's eyes widened and he turned to the case he stood behind. It was filled with old timepieces and saw a portrait of Ilene and another one of Rin, but her picture was outdated.