Chapter 34: The Multiverse Tree

Tena Ko'sah Shrine, Hyrule, Universe-308 - A few years ago

Outside an ancient shrine, Zelda struggled with the slab near the shrine. She barely even managed to get it open. She sighed. "Nothing. Just as I thought." she looked at the door of the shrine. "Hmm...It appears that this structure was designed to be exclusively accessed by the Master Sword's chosen one. But designs can always be worked around, at least I hope. How do I get inside...? I need to activate it somehow..."

All of a sudden, the sound of a horse's neigh caught her attention and she saw Link on Epona. She couldn't help but angrily pout, knowing that Impa, the royal advisor, had certainly sent Link to check on her and offer an escort if needed. Link swiftly dismounted from Epona and approached her. "Zelda. You okay?"

Link was slapped by Zelda and he instinctively touched his cheek. Zelda then proceeded to scold him. "I thought I made it clear that I do NOT need an escort. Impa sent you, didn't she?"

"...Yes..."

Zelda put her hands on her hips. "It seems I'm the only one with a mind of my own. I, the person in question, am fine, regardless of the royal advisor or anyone else's orders. Return to the castle and tell that to Impa, please."

She proceeded to walk toward her horse and Link said, "Zelda, wait!" he started to walk after her.

Zelda heard Link's footsteps and she stopped. She took a deep breath...and turned to Link. "AND STOP FOLLOWING ME!" her voice was angered and furious.

"Well, excuse me, Princess!"

"Is that any way to talk to the ruler of Hyrule?" Zelda crossed her arms.

"Well, it's a way to talk to a friend that you've known since you were fucking six!"

"Times have changed! I'M the Princess and whatever I say goes!"

"Well, since you're the Princess and I'm just a lackey, I guess I'm just useless!"

"I never said that! All I said was that you need to go back to the castle and tell Impa that I'm in no need of an escort!"

"Fine! Since you're SO GREAT at doing shit by yourself, you'll probably won't have to worry about me in a few weeks!" Link scoffed. Bitch...

Gloria's House, Galar Region, Universe-5010305 - Present Day

Link sat on the couch of Gloria's house and fiddled with a dagger that Zelda gave him as a gift some time ago. He gazed at his reflection on the silver blade and kept holding onto the golden handle of the knife. He then heard Rohan's footsteps and the prince asked, "Hey, Link? What's wrong with you? You look like you could use some Pizza Hut. I know that 'cause I was a spokesperson for Pizza Hut." he then noticed the dagger in Link's hands. "Thinking about Zelda?"

"Yeah...I'm just worried about her. I mean...I said so many mean things to her while working with her, and I've been friends with her since we were kids! If I found out Zelda died, I wouldn't be able to get all that I said to her sorted out."

"Don't worry." King Rohan said in the kitchen. "We're going to save her."

Link smiled and then Gloria's mom appeared out of the kitchen with tea and food. She walked over to the living room where Mario, Peach, Serena, and Pikachu were sitting and she set the plate of nourishment on the table. Serena chuckled and said, "And that's how Gloria declared her feelings for me. How romantic, isn't it?"