Chapter 37: The Wilds

Back at Postwick, Galar, Universe-5010305 - a few minutes ago

Incineroar, Pichu, Cloud, Ryu, and Shulk slashed down one last Primid and booked it out of town. The five made it out of town and saw Samus' ship fly into the portal to Universe-5 and America opened the portal for the rest of the heroes to split up. 

"There's the kid!" Incineroar said. 

"We'd better talk to them," Shulk said.

Suddenly, another portal opened up and Ryu asked, "Another universe?"

Then, a dark void erupted in the town and Incineroar yelped. Pichu whimpered and Incineroar said, "Any other Universe is better than here!"

On the Path to the Ancient Ruins - Universe-30503020503

The five exited the portal and saw that they were in another desert. Shulk asked, "Okay, where are we now?"

"Well, we're in another desert," Ryu answered. "I've walked through thousands of deserts in my universe but this is not what I'm familiar with."

"Well...." Cloud sighed. "...We'd better get going."

"Really?" Incineroar groaned. "My paws can't keep going like this!"

As Pichu sniffed the ground, he suddenly began to dig. Within moments, he uncovered a massive hoverboard. Incineroar was surprised and exclaimed, "Pichu! You little digger!" he rubbed Pichu's head and Cloud said, "I can rewire this thing."

Meanwhile...

As they sprinted across the desert, Marth, Ike, and Meta Knight caught sight of a massive dubious tank with jet propulsion. The tank was heavily armored and gaining speed quickly.

The trio stopped in their tracks and Ike said, "That strange-looking carriage must be a death machine built by the Subspace! We lost track of that weirdo on his thing, but we can destroy one of his weapons to make sure that we could make progress!"

He immediately jumped off the cliff and Marth exclaimed, "Ike, WAIT!" he turned to Meta Knight. "You're not planning to follow him, are you?" 

"If it means getting my ship back, then yes." Meta Knight jumped off the cliff too.

Marth scratched the back of his head and thought, Oh, Gods...What did I do to deserve being with these barbarians?

After the two of them, he jumped off the cliff and the three started pursuing the tank. They dashed through the desert and battled thousands of Primids, Gamygas, Buckots, and Mites. During the journey, Ike wielded his sword and spoke out, "Hey, guys? I'm thinking about a team name."

"What?" Marth asked.

"We are not a team!" Meta Knight said. "We're an alliance!"

"Just something I was thinking about," Ike said. "How about, "The Three Musketeers?"