Chapter 36: Attack on Galar

Cheep-Cheep Beach, Mushroom Kingdom, Universe-1001 - Rohan's Dream

This was a dream, by the way. The Mario Crew and 22 were relaxing on the beach. Peach sipped from her martini and Rohan said, "Pretty great that we're having this nice day at the beach."

"Yeah." Mario chuckled.

"Yeah, we REALLY needed this vacation after fighting Tabuu and killing Master Hand," Peach said.

"And it was nice of Samus to let me stay here in the Mushroom Kingdom for a bit." 22 added.

"Yup," Rohan said. "I'll second that."

The heroes chuckled and Rohan quickly saw Peach's face turn mutilated for a split second. He nervously drank from his drink and the sky turned grey. The crew looked around for what happened and Rohan noticed a giant wave coming.

"Oh, no! TSUNAMI!!" Mario shouted. "We gotta move!!!"

The team quickly ran and climbed up a tree. Rohan grabbed 22's hand and the wave already nearly reached them. Suddenly, the others except Rohan were swept away and the prince exclaimed, "Guys!! NO!!"

He swam after them and Peach said, "This is all your fault!!"

"WHAT?!"

"This is all your fault, Rohan!" Luigi exclaimed.

"I know!"

Suddenly, Rohan stopped swimming as soon as he heard something. Out of nowhere, King Rohan appeared driving a jet ski. Mario, Peach, 22, and Luigi cheered with excitement. "King Rohan to the rescue!" King Rohan exclaimed.

Mario, Peach, 22, and Luigi climbed onto the jet ski and Rohan was scared of what was going on. He was being left behind! Rohan gasped and kept trying to stay afloat. "Guys!"

"Sorry, Rohan!" Peach said. "No more room! Also, Mario and I are getting married and you're not invited to the wedding. BYE!"

The jet ski sped off and Rohan yelled, "Mario! Peach! Luigi! 22!!!"

Suddenly, a giant wave crashed onto him.

End of Rohan's Dream

Gloria's House, Postwick, Galar Region - Universe-5010305

"NO!!!!!!" Rohan cried out. "AH!!" he panted and noticed that he fell asleep on the couch of Gloria's house. His heartbeat echoed in his ears and he felt like he was having a heart attack. Now he wished he got a therapy pet for this situation. He kept breathing and then heard 22's voice echo, "Rohan? Rohan?"

He finally snapped out of his trance and saw 22 by him. She was sitting by him and he noticed a blanket on the chair next to him. That meant that 22 slept next to him. Rohan looked at 22 and she asked, "Rohan, are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah..." Rohan uttered. "...I...did..."

"Here...My mom did this to help me cheer up after a nightmare." 22 slowly ran a hand through his hair and kissed his forehead. "Did that feel better?"

Rohan quickly hid the blush on his face. "Y-Yeah..."

"You can talk to me about it. There's no one here besides us. Trust me."

"I...I'm kinda jealous of King Rohan. He's awesome. I mean, he's a version of me from another universe but infinitely better. He's King of his Mushroom Kingdom, he's more accomplished than I am, he still has his sword, better hair, and, well...There's me."

"Oh, don't say that. You've got a magic staff, amazing and soft hair, and...I'm not sure about King Rohan, but you've got friends and family. Don't let him get to you."