Chapter 30: The Mines

Outside a dark mine, Universe-2000000004

Ryu, Cloud, Shulk, Incineroar, and Pichu walked out of a portal and saw some Primids swinging pickaxes on rocks and delivering minecarts full of tiny green crystals to a Subspace portal. Cloud squinted his eyes for a closer look. The others looked closer and Shulk asked, "What are they mining for?"

"Don't know..." Incineroar replied. "...but we've gotta stop 'em before something horrible happens!"

Shulk activated the Smash ability of the Monado and the heroes jumped into the battle. Incineroar blasted fire from his mouth and Ryu released a rising uppercut to a Primid. Shulk slashed a couple of Primids to bits and Pichu attempted to jolt some lightning which worked but also hurt him too.

"What the??" Cloud picked a crystal. "Wait...This is fluorine!"

"Why would the Subspace want fluorine?" Incineroar asked.

"It must not be for something good," Ryu replied. "It could be related to the Shulk clone we fought earlier."

"Maybe..."

The five suddenly heard clanking and saw a minecart on rails. Pichu sniffed the ground and said, "Pichu! Pi, pi, pi, pi!"

"Pichu says that he hears more mining for fluorine," Incineroar said.

"Okay. We need to get in there and stop 'em!" Shulk said.

"Okay," Cloud said. "Whatever you guys say."

"Into the minecart, mates."

The five jumped into a minecart and Pichu stood on Incineroar's shoulder. Cloud took out his Buster Sword and sliced the lever near the cart, making it go. Shulk cheered and put his hands in the air.

Meanwhile in the Darklands - Universe-1001

Zelda groaned, rubbing her head. She noticed that she was in the Darklands in Mario, Rohan, and Peach's universe. She looked around and raised a finger to ignite it with magic. She smirked even though it was a very small light but learned from her father that even a small light can help her.

She walked down the forest and called out quietly, "Link? Zelda? Mario? Peach? America? Pit? Samus? Link???"

She received no response, and suddenly the screech of a bat and the hoot of an owl filled her ears, followed by the sound of clattering bones. She swiftly prepared for a possible attack and focused on finding a way out of the forest, her eyes fixed on her goal. She glanced down at the glowing golden triangle on her hand and took a deep breath to steady herself. "Triforce of Wisdom...Please give me wisdom and protect me from the Forces of Evil. Please help me find Link and assist him in handling the Triforce of Courage's power."

She suddenly felt her ear twitch and prepared to attack at the first sign of trouble. She took another deep breath and suddenly....a Dry Bones leaped out of nowhere and latched onto her back. She shrieked a little and struggled to get the Dry Bones off her. She then threw it down and cast a Din's Fire but the spell did nothing to it. The Dry Bones leaped again but Zelda quickly formed a blue crystal around herself and the Dry Bones broke into pieces on impact.

"Ha!" Zelda chuckled and picked up the Dry Bones' head. "You just got Zelda'd!"

Suddenly, the Dry Bones' eyes flared up and Zelda quickly dropped it. It reassembled itself and snarled. Zelda gasped and several more of them appeared and one emerged from the ground like a zombie. 

"Oh, no..." Zelda knew that she couldn't use her Din's Fire and it would be unwise to use the Triforce of Courage's power to boost her spells since it would be a waste of energy. The only decision that was in her mind was to run away. Her boots dashed on the dirt and soil as she tried to get away from the Dry Bones.