Chapter 65: The Origin of Mewtwo

Somewhere within the Mindscape, Universe-5010305 - Many years ago in 1994

A young Mewtwo awakened in some darkened dimension. It loomed around the darkness and asked, "Where am I? Who am I? What am I??" It looked around and heard voices. That of a little girl. " I sense others near me. But what are those strange sounds they make?"

The clone of Mew turned to see a bright light form and then materialize into something. Mewtwo asked, "What are you?"

"What do you mean? I'm a girl. A person." the light replied, its voice just like the little girl's voice. Soon, a little girl materialized from the light and the Mew clone approached it.

"A person?" Mewtwo asked. "Am I a person?"

"Well." the little girl approached it. "You look like a Pokémon, but you talk. I didn't know a Pokémon could talk like a person."

"Pokémon? Person? What are those? Which one am I?"

"Maybe it makes a difference if you're a Pokémon or a person, but not to me." the little girl spun and giggled. "If you're in this place, I guess you must be the same as all of us are."

"Us?" Mewtwo was confused.

Suddenly, three creatures appeared. They had markings all over their bodies but they had different appearances. One creature was a bipedal, reptile with a primarily orange body and blue eyes. Its underside from the chest down and the soles of its feet were cream-colored. It had two small fangs visible in its upper jaw and two smaller fangs in its lower jaw. A fire burned at the tip of its slender tail and it had markings around its body.

Another creature was a small amphibian but it bore three claws on each of its feet and had no tail. It also had large, red eyes and small, sharp teeth. Its skin is a light, turquoise color with dark, green spots. It had three claws on all four of its legs and had a bulb on its back.

The third creature resembled a Squirtle.

"Everybody here's a copy

"Everybody here's a copy. That's why there's a two after all our names." the little girl said.

"I don't understand" Mewtwo replied.

"They call me Ambertwo, but I'm still really Amber."

"Squirtle!" Squirtletwo said.

"Bulbasaur!" the creature with the bulb on its back said.

"Charmander!" the creature with the flame on its tail introduced itself.

"Please...Please let my theories be true. I must see my little girl smile again..." a male voice suddenly said.

"Who is that?" Mewtwo asked.

"That's Daddy," Ambertwo replied. "We've been created to help him be happy."

"Happy?"

"It's a feeling that people use to show joy in their lives."

Mewtwo kept asking numerous things and what felt like a day or so had passed. Then, the four clones found themselves inside a different environment of the Mindscape. It was a village instead of the looming darkness.