Chapter 42: Rosalina

The heroes walked up the platform and met with Rosalina, Atlas, and Audrey. Mario hugged Rosalina and asked, "How're ya doin'?"

"Good." Rosalina smiled. "I'm dating a new girl. Her name's Bailey and she writes songs. Lives down at Port Royal."

"The town in that one galaxy with the pirate?"

"Yes."

"How did you manage to find us?"

"I was able to detect your life energy in this universe and was able to open a portal here."

"Oh, I need to introduce you to someone." Mario showed America to Rosalina. "This is America."

"Hi." America shook Rosalina's hand.

Rohan hugged Atlas and laughed. "Wow, you've grown!"

"Yep." Atlas chuckled. "Seventeen and counting. Audrey's doing great, aren't you, babe?"

"Yeah. Still trying to do better even after all the crap I did while under Discordia's thumb...Atlas is pretty much my moral support at this whole hero thing." Audrey replied.

"Love you." Atlas suddenly noticed King Rohan and asked, "And who are you?"

"King Rohan Toadstool. I'm from Universe-400."

"Oh, no...There are two Rohans now..." 

"Nuh-uh!" Rohan exclaimed. "We look exactly alike!"

Rosalina kept smiling and asked, "How's Peach?"

Mario's smile dropped. "We...lost Luigi, Daisy, and DK...And Peach was taken."

The celestial trio's smiles dropped. Rohan looked at Rosalina and said, "They're not dead, but DK's lost in the Multiverse, we just saw Luigi, and...Daisy was taken by the Subspace."

Rosalina gasped. "No...It...It can't be..." she uttered. "...The Subspace is real?!!?"

"You've heard of it?!"

"Yes, it was the very first army in the Multiverse's history. Sure, Count Bleck had his army back in our universe all those centuries ago but the SUBSPACE was the very first army to exist in ANY known universe!" Rosalina ranted. "No one knows where they came from, but they're not from Universe-0 or any of the universes that you've been to. Have you encountered the Subspace?"

"Yes," Pit answered.

"That's the reason why I tried to call you a couple of days ago," Mario said.

"And Tabuu's after me. I have the power to travel through the Multiverse." America added.

"Tabuu?" Rosalina's eyes widened. "The very first god to ever exist? We NEED to get you to safety."

"No." America resisted. "We're getting Luigi and Peach back."

"And we're keeping America safe our way." Link said.

"Confronting Tabuu would be a reckless move. He surpasses the might of both Master Hand and Discordia. Do you have any knowledge of who he is?" Rosalina said.

"Yeah, he's some omnipotent JACKASS whose mama didn't love him and brought all those psychopaths from other universes," Mario said. "And nothing's gonna stop me from getting my brother and girlfriend back."

"I'm with Mario." Link said. "If it were Zelda, I would've done the same."

"I'm helping my best friend," Sonic said.

"Yeah." Tails added.

"And I'm getting Lady Palutena back," Pit said.

Yoshi rubbed Mario's side and Rosalina looked at the plumber. She sighed and said, "Very well. We'll help you."