Chapter 5: Universe-6783222

Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom - 1 year ago

Mario winced as Peach put some alcohol on his wound. Peach sighed and uttered, "I know it stings..."

That day was another Koopa Resistance protest and riot. Mario had taken a bunch of punishment including getting dragged across the floor by a rope and nearly getting hanged. He could've died if it weren't for Luigi, Peach, and Rohan. The punishment that he sustained other than getting dragged and nearly hanged was stab wounds, Bullet Bill blasts, Bomb-Omb explosions, and blunt trauma. DK compared him to a tiny Steve Rogers.

Peach wrapped Mario's wounds and Mario chuckled. "Man...Those Koopas weren't kidding around. If it weren't for you, Luigi, and Rohan, I would've died. If only there were ways to make them stop protesting. If anything to catch a break." he said.

He chuckled and then felt tears on his glove. He looked up with a forlorn look on his face and saw Peach crying. "Hmm? Peach, what's wrong?"

"Almost every time, almost every day..." Peach uttered while controlling her tears. "...it's always the same! The Resistance attacks and you always put your life at risk to protect us...I can't help but feel guilty. This is all my fault. You don't deserve to go through all this pain that I dragged you into. I'm sorry, Mario."

She wiped another flood of tears and then felt Mario's hand cup the side of her face. He had a kind and warm smile. "You don't need to apologize. You mean the world to me, you know. I would be willing to travel across the entire universe so many times just to prove how much I love you."

"Thank you, Mario..." Peach hugged Mario and he hugged her a bit tighter.

Mushroom Kingdom, Universe-6783222 - Present Day

Mario yelped awake to Peach's voice and America helped him up. Mario moaned and asked, "What happened?"

"Well, America brought us to another universe," Peach replied. "Are you okay?"

"Yep." Mario stretched and then looked around to see that they were somewhere like the Mushroom Kingdom but not their Mushroom Kingdom.

"This is the Mushroom Kingdom...but not ours," Peach whispered.

"I...I'm sorry that I got us into this mess." America said. "If I had full control of my powers, we would all be here."

"Yeah, now Luigi and Rohan are in other universes with no way back," Mario said, his face obviously giving signs that he wasn't happy. "But we can find someone to help you control your powers."

"Wait, we can call Rosalina and see if she can fix this," Peach said.

Mario took out his phone. "Wow...I have Wi-Fi here..." he then dialed Rosalina's number.

Some random bar in Universe-1001

Rosalina continued kissing a girl next to her, moans slipping past her mouth. Her phone rang but she didn't hear it. Suddenly, the two noticed Atlas trying to stand upside down on a keg with Audrey helping him up. "Be careful, Atlas!" Rosalina said.

Back at Universe-6783222

Mario heard the voicemail for Rosalina's voice and hung up. "Damn! I'm not getting her! She's probably reading those stars a story."

"Wait..." Peach said. "You have those enchanted rings, right? We can summon Sonic and maybe gather an army while we find Luigi and Rohan. I mean, we obviously can't stop the Subspace by ourselves."

Mario smiled and took out a Ring. "Y'know, Peach, you make the best plans." he then tossed the Ring and it formed a portal.

Sonic stepped out of it along with an orange fox with two tails and wearing white gloves and shoes almost similar to Sonic's.