Chapter 40: Prey Again

Meanwhile by the lake shore of Universe-4500

In a desolate plain with a simple little dirt path and small green-covered hills, Peach and Kirby recovered from the fall that they had earlier and stood up. They looked around and saw that they were right by the lake's shore like they saw in the vision back in Galar. Peach noticed how it all looked so familiar and exclaimed, "We're...in the same universe as the others excluding Samus and Pikachu! America must've channeled that second portal to where we are on accident...But we can find the others even though the plan was to split up."

Suddenly Kirby noticed something in the distance and Peach noticed him. "What is it, Kirby?" she asked. He was looking around restlessly, trying to find something. Peach was still confused and asked, "Did you see something? Or...hear something?"

Kirby nodded and then saw something in the distance. He quickly sped off far away from Peach. The princess outstretched her hand. "Kirby, wait!"

However, he didn't listen. Peach groaned in annoyance and then heard footsteps. She gasped and noticed Bowser right behind her. He had a Dark Cannon in hand and said, "Princess Peach..."

"Bowser..." Peach quickly got into a fighting position.

"I'd hate to do this to you but...I believe that...I have special plans for you..."

Peach quickly dashed at Bowser and kicked him in the face. He chuckled and she continued to jump and pretty much be a nuisance to the giant turtle. The ends of Bowser's pitch-black skin glowed orange and he finally managed to subdue and pin her down to the ground. Peach grunted and strained as Bowser aimed the Dark Cannon at her and...fired away. The princess was impaled with dark energy and was turned into a trophy.

Bowser grinned and took his foot off Peach's trophied body. He looked at his side and saw the False clone that he used against Diddy and Fox earlier walk up to him and stare at Peach. "She's yours," he said.

After hearing those words, False Bowser disintegrated into Shadow Bugs that swarmed over Peach's trophied body. The Shadow Bugs copied data from Peach in a similar manner to how Ganondorf's cloning machine worked. Eventually, they detached from Peach's trophy and transformed into a dark counterpart of Peach.

Bowser observed the creation and smiled as he took Peach's trophy. "Perfect. Now, for your assignment..." suddenly his communicator rang and he asked, "...What?"

"Bowser, it's me." the voice on the device replied. "I'm at the Child's cabin. I'm pinning my location now."

Meanwhile at America's Cabin

Mario popped his knuckles and America looked at the door. She took a deep breath and asked, "Are...Are we gonna be okay?"

"Don't worry. I promised you and Peach that I wouldn't let anyone hurt you." Mario replied.

Yoshi wandered around the cabin and licked King Rohan's hand. 22 smiled at Rohan and said, "Hey. You're gonna do great once we get back on the road."

"T-Thanks." Rohan blushed.

Suddenly, Mario and America heard footsteps and saw Kirby open the door. Mario looked down to see him and asked, "Kirby? Where's Peach?"

"Poyo, poyo," Kirby replied.

"...What?"

Outside the cabin

(Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) - Daniel Pemberton)