Chapter 41: The Lake Shore

(Author's Note: This flashback featuring Zelda and Link talks about suicide, so if you don't wanna read it, then go ahead and skip this flashback)

Zelda's Room, Hyrule Castle, Universe-308 - A couple of years ago

The night after Zelda's emotional outburst at the Spring of Power, she lay in bed feeling numb and dehydrated from crying. As she stared at a dagger on her makeup table next to her bed, she couldn't stop thinking about the words Link had said. However, the critical words of Impa and her late father still weighed heavily on her, as they had scolded her for pursuing a career as a scholar instead of focusing on her duty as a woman who could potentially seal Ganondorf away for good.

"Why...?" she uttered. "...Why, Mother? Why did you leave? Why doesn't Hylia or anyone answer my prayers?? Am I really a burden to you all???" she clenched her fist and grew angry. "I FUCKING GIVE UP!!!!" she threw herself from the bed and threw a chair, breaking it. She breathed heavily and ranted, "Life is just a hellhole piece of shit that Impa and Father have planned for me the MOMENT I was born!! I FUCKING CAN'T STAND THIS OR MY MOTHERFUCKING DESTINY ANYMORE!!!" she looked at the dagger on the table and made a very important and critical decision. She walked over and grabbed the dagger. "This is the only way to solve everything now." she hovered the blade over her wrist. "I do not wish to do this but this is the only way to escape my destiny. If Impa or my father or possibly even Link don't want me to be free or to be in this hellhole, then what's the fucking point?!"

Outside of the room, Link was walking through the hallway and suddenly heard a blade slash. He suddenly knocked on the door. "Zelda? Zelda?! What's going on?!" he opened the door. "Zelda, I heard a blade slash and..." he suddenly noticed Zelda limp on the ground with her wrist gushing blood. "ZELDA!!!!!"

He dashed toward her and knelt to her. He panted and whimpered as he saw Zelda's unconscious body. "HELP!!!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!" he screamed. He sobbed and caressed Zelda's face. "Zelda...Please...wake up... please...I'm sorry...I know I've acted like a jerk sometimes when we were kids and when I became your guard, but that was because I wanted to be strong and able to protect you...I don't know if you're hearing this or not, but...I love you...and I hate myself for not telling you..."

Suddenly, three guards dashed and Link explained through tears, "I saw the Princess with a blade next to her and...and...*hic*...she's lost a lot of blood on her arm..."

"We'll take her to the hospital wing of the castle." a guard said.

Meanwhile in Universe-4500

Link woke up from his sleep and Pit noticed. The angel walked over to the knight and asked, "Hey, Link? You okay?"

"Yeah." Link got up from the ground. "I'm just remembering...one time when Zelda had tried to take her life."

"Really?" King Rohan asked.

"Yeah."

Suddenly Mario, who was still being sprayed with the Medi-Spray, started to wake up. America, who was sleeping by Mario, noticed his moaning and groaning.

"Guys, look! Mario is waking up!" Tails said.

Mario finally woke up and groaned. "Oh, what happened?"

"Well, you took a really big hit from Mecha-Rohan," Rohan said. "And then you turned into some kinda humanoid sun and scared Bowser and that faker away."

"And me, America, and Yoshi helped heal you...Well, I did most of the work." 22 added.

Mario stood up and smiled. "Thanks, 22."