Chapter 16

Evening, the same day Damon arrived at my house and I cooked a meal for the two of us. He knocked at my door looking tired and when he saw me his eyes brightened like a diamond that changed his mood.

I can't even help him with all his stress and problems. I'm such a useless fiancé. I wanted to comfort him but... I'm not even helping at all.

"How's your day been?" I ask, looking at him whilst his head is facing down the table. "Still, fighting for everything." His voice almost whispered as he tilted his head, controlling his eyes to not close.

I place his head on my chest, hugging him when he just let his head fall in. Oh my angel is so tired even though he doesn't wanna admit it.

"Are you ready for our wedding?" He asked and smiled. I smiled back and said, "Not just me but everyone. Literally Mamà Antonio was rushing and panicking when I went to his place this morning." He chuckles and shakes his head.

"I can't wait for it. I can't wait for you to be my wife." He proudly said and kissed my lips. Me too I can't wait for you to be my husband and be called Mrs. Eros.

We both slept in my room as he was snuggling on me. Even though he was tired already he still keeps checking on me every single minute. I can feel him staring at me whenever he opens his eyes.

Next morning I woke up before him as he was still asleep peacefully. I didn't want to wake him up so I tried to be as quiet as possible so I won't wake him up.

I wanted him to get more sleep and energy since he was so tired of everything he does, especially the mafia. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face and do my morning routine.

I went straight downstairs to ask my housemaid what's for breakfast. And whilst they were cooking I went outside to be in the sun even for just a minute and do morning exercises.

I don't know what's gotten into me all of a sudden when I think about everything going by so fast. We just went to Italy for a Milan fashion show then I met the love of my life, the man who's gonna be with me forever and the man who I will be spending the rest of my life with.

Now I'm engaged in just a blink and getting married in two months. I'm gonna have a family of my own. I never wanted to be married to someone nor have kids but I think that's going to change now.

I just wish that this relationship will work until our last breath and won't the same thing happen to my last relationship when everything went wrong in just a business trip.

But I trust Damon... I know he won't do anything that will ruin our relationship and our future marriage. He's a nice guy and gentleman. I know he won't be like Brian because they were so different from each other.

I'm not gonna be worried about that anymore, I need to focus on my upcoming wedding. Twenty minutes later after I exercise I went inside to the kitchen and our breakfast was ready.

My housemaids were so happy and I don't know why... I just smiled back at them as they were being thrilled. "Ms. Hayes, what is it like being engaged to the love of your life?" One of them asked me happily.

I smirked at them and took a piece of raspberries and said, "It is the best feeling ever. It's as if... you were in the clouds running seeing the rainbow having your freedom. You really can't describe how happy and excited and pressured you got yourself right now."

"You're only gonna feel the thrill that is coming to you, all the preparations that you guys will do before the wedding day but... the most exciting part of being engaged is... that when everyone is cooperating, happy, excited, and supporting you." I explained as they were listening to me.

As I was explaining what I'm feeling, I was thinking of Damon. It makes me the happiest woman alive. "With all due respect, Miss Hayes can you tell us about how you know that Mr. Damon Eros is the one for you?." Said the other maids.

And of course me, my face is filled with happiness and thrilled by their questions. "You're not really gonna know but you're gonna feel it. You can't describe how you feel but all the emotions are there, then in just a snap you won't notice how fast it goes by the look of it."

"I just know that I'm in love with him. All the efforts he did, all the kindness, sweetness overload even though he never did that before and of course his caring and loving side of him is what I love the most."

"He never failed to make me smile, laugh, he never failed to make an effort for me. Even though he's away from the country he's still trying to go back for me and I totally appreciate it."

"He is the best person I've known; truly not fake. I will love him always and forever no matter what even if my hair is gray and my face is wrinkled." As I was feeling all my words my housemaids are giggling and blushing as they keep looking at me and behind me.

"And I'll love you till my last breath even if my hair is gray and my face is wrinkled, always and forever." I looked behind and there he was... standing behind me and smiling.

"H-how long have you been here?" I asked and he raised both his eyebrows and looked down at the same time. He was smirking as he looked at me again. Oh god, that was so embarrassing. "Did you hear a-all of it?" I said once again.

He nodded his head and looked straight through my eyes. A few seconds later he walked closer to me and hugged me. He gave me a morning kiss when my housemaids couldn't hide their thrill ness.

"Mr. Damon, you two's breakfast is ready." She said as they left the kitchen.

"I didn't wanna wake you up this morning cause you were sleeping so peacefully." I said. "That's alright as long as I see you after I wake up." He responded quickly when he assisted me to sat down on the chair.

He put food on my plate before he could even put it on his as I poured water on our glass. "Are you going back again to Moscow today?" I ask as I couldn't help but to feel sad again.

"No, not today." He said when he put the side of my hair on the back and I didn't know how to react. I suddenly jumped on him and hugged him tightly; we almost fell on the chair.

"I'm happy that you're staying with me." I mumbled as he was holding me from my waist and rubbing my hair on my back. "I'm sorry for not being here with you everyday." His voice turns out to be different as I'm already sitting on him.

I went back to my chair when I held his hand and kissed the front of it. "I understand, I know it's not easy to be a tsar." I responded without any regrets.

After that breakfast we spent some more hours together, we painted, we took pictures, we swam, we strolled around my garden and had a little talk. It was fun to be with my fiancé again. I feel like I'm getting closer to him.

But in the afternoon we had to go to Mamà Antonio's place, not just the two of us but all of us families, his side and my side so they could already work on our suits and dresses for the wedding since we only had two months left.

It was fast and happy whilst they were measuring us, we even made fun of each other and made us laugh together. We were laughing the whole hour and the men... it was hard to make them happy but in the end they couldn't manage to laugh with us either.

Don't forget to-

Vote, Comment, Share & Follow me for more