Chapter 21

I woke up next to her as she was sleeping peacefully but her eyes became way more puffy. To be honest I didn't sleep at all, I stayed up all night to look after her if she needed something. But that's alright for me as long as she's alright.

I was staring at her beautiful rose face, holding me with her small hands. I was rubbing her cheeks slowly, mesmerizing her beauty. She made my world turn into slow motion not knowing she's the only person who could do that to me.

I didn't know such a beauty could be like this... full of sadness  but still trying to keep it together for others. We all could admit that women are tougher than they look.

It amazed me how this woman who is laying on my arms and wearing the engagement ring I put in her finger is such a worthy and a fighter lady I know. Sometimes they really do need a break.

Then she started to move and slowly woke up squinting her eyes looking at me directly. She then buried her head under my arms feeling shy.

"Morning, Snuggle Bear." He said with his morning voice that hadn't even calmed down yet. He tried to take her head out under his arm when she resisted. "Don't! I look ugly and swell up." She said mumbly and echoing from the pillow.

He stops and looks at her furiously, "You're not ugly alright." His voice became stern. "That's normal, especially if you cried all night." He scooted over and took her head out gently placing it in his chest looking at her still.

He stroked her hair, giving her a small smile as her puppy eyed him. "Why are you being such a gentleman right now?" She asked suddenly as he was confused.

"What do you mean by that? Aren't I a gentleman everyday?" He replied. "To me, yes. But to others, no." He gulped and looked away and turned her over on his side. "You know why." She giggled as he cuddled her.

She took a shower to freshen her body as he was preparing her breakfast. "Sir Eros, let us handle the making of breakfast." His maid said... being worried about his actions.

"I'll handle it. I wanted to make it myself since she was not feeling well." He replied back and continued to cook his Labneh pickled cherry toast and Potato rosti with smoked salmon, egg and hollandaise.

"Is Ms. Hayes sick? Do you want me to call a doctor?" She concernedly asked as she was about to take the phone he stopped her. "No need to call a doctor, she's fine, she just needs to rest, that's all." He said annoyingly.

"Oh, I'm sorry for panicking." He nodded his head without even looking at her when Ivanna came down the stairs freshly. "Good morning Ms. Hayes." They greeted, she directly went to him and hugged him from behind.

"Good morning, have you guys eaten yet?" She asked her maid when she gave Ivanna a big smile on her face. "We're all done, Ms. Hayes." She said.

"Hmm." She mumbles, making her right cheek fluffy and squeezing Damon. His maids left whilst fluttered by them. Damon walked to the table as Ivanna was carrying his backpack.

"Here... eat this breakfast I made." He took her and seated her on the chair giving her the utensils she needed and watching her eat. This time he was serious... he keeps putting her hair in the back of her side... caring for her every second.

Then suddenly his phone rang. "What?" He answered. "Boss, we have a problem." Said a man on the other side. "What now?" He lean back on the chair and crossed his arm looking at his window.

"Parenti has declared war against the Russian Mafia." He clenched his jaw, turned his hand in fist as he was ready to throw a hand. "That piece of shit!" Ivanna was shocked when she heard Damon cuss. She touched him as he looked at her indignantly.

He moved his phone away and said, "It's my man." He whispered. "What does he want?" She asks conscientiously. He sigh, "There's a problem with the mafia and they need me but I plan to stay here with you-" he got interrupted.

"You can go. I'm fine here, I promise." She nodded and smiled at him. He was looking at her left and right trying to take his words. "What? You want me to leave while you're not fine?" Damon responded, making his hand hold his phone down.

"I'm better now plus you need to take care of that too. It's a business matter." He looks down, calming himself. "Fine, I'll go but you will have ten of  my men with you." He then stood up and kissed her and left the kitchen.

She was left dumbstruck, "W-wha- what ten m-men? Wait Damon ten-" she added as he was already upstairs getting ready.

A few minutes later Damon went down buttoning his sleeve. "I'm leaving now and my men are outside already. They'll be guarding you twenty four seven don't try to escape them cus they're only gonna chase you back." He gave her a goodbye kiss as she pulled him closer to her hugging him tight.

"Take care, boo." Her voice sounded sad... his hand rubbing her back, "I will, and you do the same. If something happens I'm gonna receive a phone call from my men and I'll immediately leave the country to go back to you." He grabbed her cheeks with both of his hands, giving her a kiss.

She was giving him a cute puppy reaction as he can't resist and having second thoughts if he will leave her or not. "Fuck! I don't wanna leave you." He rolled his eyes whilst looking outside where the cars and his people were waiting for him.

She buried her head in his chest, "Just come back, ALIVE." She then assist him outside leaving him speechless. He touched his forehead and bit his lower lip, "I will." He turned around and walked to the car.

"I love you." She shouted at him he turned around and smiled, "I love you to the moon infinity." He replied back faster and get in the car putting the window car down looking at her.

They started to move and his eyes were still looking at her but then he got interrupted by one of his men. "Boss, where we heading?" He ask looking at the rare view mirror. "We're gonna pay a visit to my city." His smiled disappeared as soon as he answered giving the car a whole bad vibe.

"Now where the fuck is William and Theo!?" He said angrily. "Both of them are waiting for you in the jet already." He replied. "Call them and tell 'em to take all of our men to Sicily. I'm gonna pay a visit since some shit ass is tryna ruin it." Veins in his jaw are showing all over his face and hands.

Don't forget to-

Vote, Comment, Share & Follow me for more