Chapter 12

We went to Santorini as soon as he landed in New York. He didn't tell me what we're gonna do there so I had no idea what's going on.

He even put a blindfold on me so I don't see what's planning. He was helping me with every step we took as I couldn't see where we were headed.

After a few steps, we stop from walking. "Are we there?" I waited for him to answer when I couldn't hear anything and just silence. The breeze of the wind hitting my hair and my dress as I'm feeling nervous.

"You can take off your blindfold." He said as I did what he said. I took off my blindfold and I directly saw him standing in front of me with a bouquet of colorful flowers. The place where we are right now is set up with this romantic decoration.

I chuckled as I was looking around when he gave me his sweetest smile ever. "Wh-what is going on?" I laugh. He handed me the bouquet as he was so serious.

I look at him and place the bouquet on the table so we can have a minute. He held both of my hands and looked at me.

"You know that I'm not good at making speeches but I'm gonna make this short and sweet as possible. I brought you here to this place, Santorini, to ask you something I've planned a long long time ago."

"And you know that I've been always telling you that I've always wanted to have a family, children of my own and when I found the right woman for me I did take my chance to get to know you."

"I know that you've always focused on your career and your business but when we met I know something has changed. You didn't trust me that easily and I didn't trust you that easily either."

"I only wish for a normal, supportive, humorous woman but the universe granted me the perfection of a woman like you which I didn't regret having you by my side because having you by my side is what completes me."

"Having you in my life was a whole package, I didn't expect myself to love someone this too much, worrying about someone, and being jealous whenever someone was around you, especially the men."

"Protecting you is my choice, loving you is my choice, and giving you the things you want is my choice even if you don't like being spoiled but I'm always giving you things and even if it's cost my life I'll give it to you.

"A person like me who never dated or experienced being with a woman and fighting tons of enemies was unlikely to be granted a new member of the family."

"I know things didn't go easy on us especially with our parents but I learned to love you so much like I'm going crazy as fuck. I didn't care about everything not until I met you in that restaurant in Florence."

"I denied it but my heart keeps beating so fast whenever I'm remembering you or being with you. I know that you know that my love language is physical touch and eye contact."

"My parents raised me well to not just do whatever I want with a woman without their permission and I know it's hard to believe but that's the truth. I always remember to respect women and not just play them like a toy."

"I ask you to come with me today here in this Gorgeous Santorini as you but you're not the only person I brought here. I ask Aunt Guilio, Aunt Carlo, Aunt Antonio, my best friends, my family and yours. I went to your father's grave and also asked for permission on what I'm about to ask you."

"All of them I asked for their blessings and they gave it to me. They're here, taking a picture of us on video and crying like a baby."

"I didn't wanna make it public since I wanted to have our personal space since paparazzi are going crazy on you."

"I'm gonna go straight... Ivanna Amelia Hayes, I brought you here to ask you something very important to me if you will grant me that you are the one I've been waiting for my whole life..."

"Ivanna, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife and spend the rest of our lives together?" He kneels down on one knee and reaches into his pocket and grabs this red box from his pocket.

My tears started to flow on my cheeks as I can't take this sweetness and enjoyable moments. He is proposing to me right now, in front of our family and friends.

He opened the box and I saw this huge Emerald cut crystal ring with two different side rings in the center of this small light that makes it even more shiny.

I was stepping a few steps back as I couldn't believe that he was proposing to me after being together for two years.

I'm having mixed emotions right now and I'm feeling hot. I ran toward and hugged him and said, "You're my one and only love and treasure and a big yes, I will become your wife."

I kissed him on the lips before he could put the ring on my finger. "You made me the happiest man alive, Butterfly." He whispered in my ears before smashing our lips together again.

"I can feel your heartbeat beating so fast from your chest." I said jokingly as we both chuckled and I don't know if his eyes are getting teary because of the cold wind or is it because of tears of joy?

Anyways he put the ring on my left hand on the fourth finger as I was looking at it- I am now engaged with the man of my dreams.

As we were hugging and kissing our friends and family ran towards us so excitedly and our moms and aunts were crying. "Congratulations you two!" They shouted as they greeted us.

"Congratulations, Son. You're now gonna have a family you've always wanted to have." Said his father as he hugged Damon.

"I can't wait for the royal wedding." Said Aunt Guilio and took a picture at the same time. "I'll be your makeup artist, future bride." Added Aunt Carlo and wink at me.

"And of course the one and only queen mother of all, I'll be doing and designing your wedding gown." Mamà Anton said as he walked fashionably and everyone laughed with his funny humor.

My mom hugged both me and Damon as she was crying and smiling, "Congratulations baby, I wish your father can see you." I held my mom's hand as I'm getting emotional remembering my late father.

"He does, Mom. He's always watching us everyday." I responded slightly as she burst into tears.

"Hey sister, you don't have to be sad, we're always here for them and we're always there to guide them." Said Damon's mom comforting my mother as they will soon become in-laws.

"Brother... congratulations on your engagement." And of course the other gentlemen are represented. They fist bomb and hugged each other.

"We want two nephews." Mumbled William as I heard what he said. Damon looked me in the eyes and answered William.

"That depends on my fiancée." I smiled at him as he was giving me a choice if I wanted more than two or two children in the future.

The two look at me narrowed as I look at them back. "We'll give you a nephew then." They celebrated and jumped and hugged each other, even Damon's father.

Wow... they really wanted to have a baby to take care of huh?

"Ooops, looks like we need to go to our hotel where we reserve our food... paparazzi are over there now- let's go." Said Aunt Guilio as we looked on our side and they were rushing to take a picture of us.

We hurried inside as it was time for us to eat. This is the best day ever in my life! 𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖-𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖.

Don't forget to-

Vote, Comment, Share & Follow me for more