-𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝙷𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢-

«𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎»

I quickly joined the man Alex had been speaking with into the elevator and cleared my throat

I quickly joined the man Alex had been speaking with into the elevator and cleared my throat. He's handsome, fair skin, clean cut and he smells amazing.

When the elevator door closed her spoke. "The name's Nadwar Hans, you?"

"Madeline, Madeline Snow."

"Nothing snow about you."

I grin, looking at my skin. "Yeah, well, I am proud of my skin."

"Same here, but do you work here?"

"I do actually, just got the job as his personal assistant so, that's that."

He seemed to be surprised by my answer. "You put in a resume to work with him?"

I chuckled lightly. "Isn't that how one gets a call for a job?"

He whistled lowly, tucking one hand into his pants pocket. The elevator dinged and he stepped out, making me step out with him.

I'm supposed to be working right now but I want to know what he's on about.

"What?"

He gazed at me, those hazel eyes sending shivers to my core. Damn this man is handsome.  I don't care what race or color a man is once he attracts me he attracts me.

Just have to steer clear of men like my ex and I'll be fine.

"Do you know anything about Alex Morris?" Hearing that took me back to this morning when Alex said, "then again who applies to a job they know nothing about."

I wanted to slap him, but he was right.

"Should I?"

We made our way out of the building and he exhaled, watching as people passed us by.

"Yeah, you should. A beautiful black girl like yourself shouldn't be working here. He's got a bit of a...history."

"History?"

"Look, if you want to know more about why you should work for me instead of him, give me a call." He slipped me a card and tipped my chin up.

"I'll see you soon Ms.Snow."

I watch the man get into his car and drive off.