-𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚜-

«𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡»

I'm bothered

I'm bothered. I have no idea why I am, but I am. It's been hours since I've spoke to Madeline. Her energy earlier this afternoon was pissing me off.

But I noticed she her bothered mood when I saw her the first time. She had given me a gaze but that was all. She had went right back to her work.

She's an outstanding worker as well. It's like she's always a step ahead of everyone, even myself. And sure it's only been two weeks of her working here, but she's done better than the last few I had working for me.

She's different. She doesn't flirt or try her hardest to get my attention, she never once came to me for sex even after witnessing the scene with Anna Sweeny and I, she gets her work done and most importantly—

The ring of my phone tore me put of my thoughts and I gazed at it. I picked it up, looking at the name on my phone.

I answered, pressing it gently to my ear. "Mrs.Cooper."

"Oh Alex, what will you do without me?" She grins. I smile.

"Spent a lot of prison time."

She grins. "Yes, but you know I won't allow that."

"Yeah I know."

"Oh my gosh, here you start again being coquettish. How many times do I have to tell you that I am married now?"

I chuckled. I must say that Tania Cooper is the only woman, aside from Amy, that can get a genuine laugh out of me.

"Don't worry Mrs.Cooper, I know you're not interested. Hence why I like you."

"Yeah, and I know I'm not your type. According to you I'm too fat." She teases.

"I never said that, you're not fat, just big boned and you're beautiful still."

"Mhm, whatever you say. But I'm calling on account of Anna Sweeny, Megan Bo'Paine, and Cindy Claire. Since Anna accepted the million dollar pay, charges have been dropped, of course I did a bit of talking to that one,

"Clair was of course caught in her lie since there was text messages proving that she planned everything and as for Megan goes, she's still putting up a fight but next week you should be a free man of all accusations my dear friend." She explains.

"Thank you, Tania."

"Anything for the innocent, Alex."