-𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢-

«𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎»

I eased myself into my chair, joining my friend and her boyfriend to dinner

I eased myself into my chair, joining my friend and her boyfriend to dinner. I could never decline anything Jack cooks if I'm being honest.

I might just take some for lunch tomorrow.

Jack cleared his throat after a few minutes of no wprds being exchanged between Mimi and I. I personally didn't care who decided to take to me. She knows I'm no ass kisser.

Not to mention she's been acting different the past couple days.

"So Madeline, how was the interview?"

"It was a bit intimidating but I eased through it and not even an hour later I got a call saying that I got the job." I inform excitedly.

"Really? That's great. What was the place of hire?"

"A place called T.A.C.S. I'm not entirely sure what it's about but I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow."

"You applied to a company you know nothing about?" He asks.

"I was just looking for positions and the requirements at that point. Besides, I have a job now don't I?"

"You're right. But that name is familiar to me."

"What name?" I took a bite of my stake, yeah, steak. Jack just loves to cook and he makes sure to bring along the fancy with it too. Tonight's dinner is stake, mashed potato and greenbeans.

Fancy.

"T.A.C.S." He hums, taking a spoonful of his mashed potatos. "When you got interviewed was it a guy that interviewed you?"

I scrunched my brows, feeling it to be a weird question to be asked but in the end I answered.

"Yeah, and he was good looking too."

Finally Mimi piped in with a tease. "Oohh, do tell." I caught Jack's reaction to her reaction and I finally put two and two together.

They had an argument.

"Well he's taller than me that's for sure, he's got curly jet black hair and his eyes are green."

"Oh so he's white?"

I nod. "I've never been attracted to a white guy before but girl when I say his face I was jumping in my seat."

"Oooh, is this a potential office crush?" She tease, wiggling her brows at me. I grinned and just as I was about to answer Jack cut me off.

"What's his name?"

"Umm...Morris."

He snapped his fingers. "Right. Alex Morris, the owner and CEO of T.A.C.S Enterprises." He explains.

"He owns that joint?"

Jack nods, setting his fork down. "Yeah, it's been so long though."

"So long for what?"