-𝙽𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚃𝚘 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞-

«𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡»

I made it through the building at ten thirty

I made it through the building at ten thirty. The reason I'm late in the first place was because of Sarah. I swear that woman is like a leech. You take them off but they're always showing up in another spot.

I strut my way to the elevator and exhaled when I got in. I'm supposed to meet with Hans today but it's weird how nobody called me to inform me on any kind of information.

Not even Ms.Snow. The elevator stopped and the door opened.

"Oh, Morning Mr.Morris." Amy beams as she walked in.

"Good morning Amy, how are you this morning?" She gave me a look and a smile reached her features.

"Wow what an opening."

"I have a question Amy." The elevator door closed.

"Yes sir?"

"Was Mr.Hans present? I got no messages or calls on the matter. I am about an hour late for our meeting."

"No, I haven't heard from Mr.Hans. In fact this is the only time I am stepping out of my station for the morning."

Peculiar.

"Okay."

The elevator came to a stop to the twelfth floor, however I didn't step out.

"Oh." Amy was the first to react. Ahead of us, where Ms.Snow is supposed to be seated, is empty.

"Where is Ms.Snow?"

"I spoke with her earlier to notify my arrival but that was it. Maybe she went for a bathroom break." Amy smiles.

The elevator door closed shut and it stopped to the fourth floor where Amy got off. I however, went to check the conference room to make sure somebody hadn't told him to wait for my arrival.

A moment later the elevator came to a stop and the doors slid open. I walked out, checking the time on my watch. The floor is quiet, just as I like it, and I can spot Mr.Hans where he's seated.

However, there's someone else here. Dark brown skin, the same braids that's fixed in a bun, she's wearing a black dress stopping to her knees and black heels.

Ms.Snow. Hans touched the top of her hand, throwing his hand back in laughter.

The fuck?

I walked in and cleared my throat. "Am I interrupting something?"

I'm sure I heard her gasp when she turned around. She moved her hand and stood to her feet.

"Mr.Morris I was just keeping-

"She was just entertaining me until you arrived. Thankfully for her I'm still here." He grins, sending her a lustful look.

I shift my gaze to her and she's looking at me with a semi-empty gaze.

"Right, you are still here. Seems to me that you're desperate Mr.Hans."

He laughs. "Desperate? Not at all. I just want to be apart of or even buy part of T.A.C.S. Madeline gave me a great idea on how improve even more on my-

"Madeline?" I scoff. "You mean Ms.Snow?" Again I gave her a look and I was sure she rolled her eyes. This one does have an attitude. One I don't like that much.

"I didn't know that Ms.Snow was the owner pf T.A.C.S to be talking business. But let me hear what dear ole' Madeline, has to offer."

I took a seat and sat back. I gazed at her and motioned for her to take a seat.

"Well, go on. Let's see how the hour was spent."

Silence.

I stared at her and I can tell that she's nervous. Obviously you're stupid.

"Well, don't get quiet now I'm sure there was a lot to talk about."

Hans cleared his throat and set his hands on the table.

"She was just keeping me company until you arrived. No need for a misunderstanding of anything."

"You called her Madeline, first name basis is quite the stretch in a place of business."

"She doesn't work for me, I'm sure a first name basis isn't that big of a deal. You know what they say anyways, customer service is key."

He sent her look and she bit her bottom lip to stop from smiling.

Are you interested in Mr.Hans? Very interesting.

"Ms.Snow."

"Yes?" She answers, looking at me.

"Meet me in my office." She nod slightly and got up from her seat. Mr.Hans brushed her hand and she stops, looking at him. Hans caught himself and held out his hand for a shake.

"It was nice chatting until his arrival."

"Same here, Mr.Hans." She smiles.

"Oh and Madeline."

"Yes?"

"My offer still stands."

"Understood, Mr.Hans."

With that, she left. My eyes drift to Hans and he smiles.

"Alex, let's get down to business shall we?!"

He takes me for a fucking clown act. Coming in here sweet talking my assistant, offer her a job, just to smile in my face and act like he's done nothing wrong?! Do I look like a fucking idiot?!

"Let me tell you something, Hans. Don't come into my work place trying to seduce my workers."

He scoffs. "That's a bit hypocritical coming from you. However, you already do that yourself."

"Maybe if I was still twenty-two then sure. Just don't do it here."

"You treat your workers like shit. And besides, it's up to her on whether she wants to quit or not. I only offered a position, that is all."

I fucking hate this bastard.

"Well the deal's over. I want nothing in what you're offering and I don't want to see you around my company ever again.

I thought he would've begged like he did last time. But instead, he smiled. All he did was smile. It was strange coming from him but I know why he did it.

Because of you.

He feels like he's won her over. Won you over. If only I could know what they spoke about then I would see where I stand.

"You can keep it actually. I found new motive." He stood to his feet, gathering his papers with a smile.

What were they talking about?

"Good." I answer tersely.

I watched him as he made his way towards the door and he stopped. A barritone chuckle rang through my ears and filled the dead atmosphere.

"You know, Alex, Madeline is quite the catch. Letting her go would be a wrong move. But again...it's up to her to decide. And a little convinving never hurts. I'll see you around partner. And congratulations on the launch. I'm sure every female is enjoying it."

He winked and left. Every female? Yeah...surely.

After a moment I got up from my seat and made my way to the top floor. I set the back of my head against the wall of the elevator and exhaled.

"Madeline Snow, I need to fire you."

~