-𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚝-

«𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡»

"She's keeping something from me and I want to know what it is!" I say upon reaching the third floor

"She's keeping something from me and I want to know what it is!" I say upon reaching the third floor. Everyone looked at me and I exhaled. There are new girls working now, which I am grateful for, these girls don't give a flying fuck about me, once I pay them.

"Amy, Martha, my office please. Girls." I gave them a nod, but again, I got nothing in return. So this is how it feels to work with females that won't give you even a first glance.

It's sort of refreshing to say the least. However, my main goal today is to find out what Madeline is keeping from me.

It's been a week ever since Jack sort of moved in, not that I care...sort of. If he wasn't her friend or going through some sort of heart break he was going to be sleeping on the streets by now.

Actually I doubt it, he looks like he's, as he would say, posh, enough.

The both of then joined me in the elevator and of course Amy was the one to start her blabbing.

"Alex, how are you doing this afternoon?" She asks with a nervous chuckle.

"Curious Amy, I'm very curious."

"May I ask why?"

"It's because the love of my eternal life," I cut myself off and finall turned around to them. "Is she dying?"

"Who Madeline?"

"Yes darling, Maddy, is she dying? Because I swear on my british ancestors that if she is I'll behead her myself. Because why make me fall in love with you and then go ahead dying? What right does she have to just-"

"She's not dying." Amy interrupts.

"Good. So what is she then?"

The elevator dinged and I stepped out. My eyes gazed over to Madeline's desk and there is a new girl. Tall, dark brown, locs, she keeps up.

Like I'll let Madeline work another day in her life. Crazy.

"What do you mean?"

"Child maybe you're just overreacting about a simple thought."

"Well it's been a week since Madeline and I had sex, not that it's your business, but it's been a week, and she's being standoffish. Why is that?"

I opened the door to my office and strut over to my desk. I took a seat and exhaled.

"Hm?"