-𝙻𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚑 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜-

«𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎»

I went to the cafeteria an hour later to take my break

I went to the cafeteria an hour later to take my break. Today has been a long day. I steppes inside, seeing three people inside —and two of three of them I'm familiar with.

"Well look who it is." Martha gestures with a smile. Amy glanced back at me and waved.

"Come, join us."

I walked over and took the seat next to Amy, looking over at Martha.

"Look who's finally taking a break." Martha grins.

"Yeah, I didn't really know when my lunch was so I just waited until one."

"Lunch is whenever, just inform him. And it's thirty minutes so, yeah." Amy explains, eating a strawberry.

"Good to know. However I didn't tell him I was talking lunch. I didn't want to disturb his majesty."

They laughed.

"I like you already. By the way you can help yourself to the table." Martha motioned towards the buffet table that looks more stacked than earlier.

"Yeah, everything is free, even the drinks in the fridge. Except for the machines of course."

I got up and helped myself to a wrapped sandwhich, which is still warm, a cupcake, an apple and a water before heading back to the table.

"So Madeline, where are you from?" Asks Amy.

"I'm from Cali, but I moved here not too long ago."

"Ooh, a California girl, love it."

"Is it warm over there? I hear it's pretty humid in California." Amy adds.

"It is actually, but when it does rain it's somehow the worst thing ever. Well not for the surfers."

"Mmm, and how old are you?"

"Twenty-three."

"No way. I'm twenty-six."

I gazed at Amy. "Really? You don't look twenty-six."

"So I've been told, most people think I'm some sort of kid most of the time."

"Wow, you look no older than twenty fpr real."

"I thought you were like twenty-five to be honest. You look very mature."

"That's because black don't crack Amy."

She grinned. "Sometimes white don't either." She mutters. Martha laughed and I couldn't help but chuckle.

Glad I found my lunch friends. If not I was going to sit and eat at my desk without problem.

"That reminds me, how old is Mr.Morris?" I ask.

"Twenty-seven."

"Woah."