-𝚁𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎-

«𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡»

She's fidgeting, and have been the moment that guy and the girl with him came in

She's fidgeting, and have been the moment that guy and the girl with him came in. As Madeline and I dined she keot throwing glances on the other side.

I guess I can get why. The guy was in an upbeat spirit. Smiling, talking, and he even admired the girl in front of him.

However...she seemed to be distant. She would pull her hand back if he tried to touch her, she laughed at nothing he said and even threw him a few fake smiles. I can tell it broke him because he would refrain from talking until he was back at it again.

She even told him to shut up and eat his food. He had apologized and got quiet for a while after that.

That had been an hour ago. They just ate in silence, but mainly he did. The girl would check her phone every so often, grinning and sending messages before she went back to eating.

He'd ignore it of course. I don't know what he did but she is making it known that he's got to work harder to make up for it all. Madeline was quite the opposite.

She kept figeting and glancing over. Spoons clanked and Madeline shot them a look. I turned my head to get a look at them and the girl got up.

I'd assume that he's her boyfriend. He just kept his head down as she left. However, she didn't leave the restaurant, she went to the bathroom.

And the moment she did Madeline called him. "Jack!" She whisper shouts. He gazed over then looked around to make sure nobody else was around.

She waved him over but he shook his head. "I can't."

"The fuck you mean you can't?" She asks.

"You know why, she'll get angry."

"Fuck her."

Oh damn. Okay. Now it's making sense. Jack is the guy whom her friend thought Madeline was sleeping with. So she's the girl Madeline got into a fight with. Okay, the pieces are together now.

"Madeline I'm fine."

"Jack."

"I promise."

"Then what was that just now?"

He was about to answer but got distracted. He reached over and picked something up. Her phone. Shit, this is getting good.

"Check it." I say. The both of them looked at me and I shrugged. "If Madeline were to be grinning across from me as I'm trying to bond with her the way lovers do...I was sending her on her way. Check it."

He looked hesitant but another ding echoed the room. "Check it." Madeline egged on. He stared at the phone and bit his bottom lip. He tapped at the screen and the light from the phone shone over his face.

He scrolled and Madeline and I both stared at him as he did so. He shut her phone off and set it back where he got it from.

"Jack?" Madeline calls. He seemed so out of it, almost as if he was in a trance. Another text came through and he picked it up, making his way to the bathrooms.