-𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐-

«𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎»

I didn't want to leave the comfort of my bed and go in for work but, here I am, dressed in my suit and sitting at the table with Jack and Mimi for breakfast

I'm not even hungry. Better yet I could barely sleep.

Last night's events were the only thing clouding my mind. It was going good, like him almost kissing me, then his hands gently wrapped around my waist. But then the deal happened and everything just...wasn't it.

I sigh and picked at my food.

"Are you okay?" Mimi asks. I sent her a short look and Jack a quick glance before looking back at my plate.

"I'm fine," I mutter. I don't like it when people knoe that I'm bothered because in the end that's all they do bother you even further.

"We're...we're sorry for making so much noise." She apologizes.

"I don't care." And I don't, but she did remind me as to why I even left last night in the first place.

To get laid.

Tch, even that didn't happen. I roll my eyes and dropped my fork. I grabbed my glass of orange juice and took a sip.

"Okay, there's clearly something wrong if you're drinking orange juice."

"I'm quitting my job." I locked eyes with her. "Happy?"

"Woah, why what happened?" She asks.

"Just know that I plan on quitting after I get paid."

"Okay, what's the reason? I thought you liked your boss."

"This isn't about liking him. He's unprofessional."

"Context would be nice." Jack adds. I set the cup down and crossed my arms.

"Fine. After hearing the two of you, it was a reminder to me that I hadn't had sex ever since my ex. So what did I do? I went out. I got dressed, makeup and all, and left this house at nearly one in the morning,

"When I got there things were completely normal, until I saw my boss."

"Oh shit." Mimi said, now picking up her glass of juice. Jack's expression was just that of shock and I don't blame them.

"But seeing him wasn't that bad even if his reaction to seeing me was that of disappointment. What happened after I caught up to him however was when things took a turn for the worst."