-𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎-

«𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡»

I reached the house I've dropped her to a few times before

I reached the house I've dropped her to a few times before. I can't believe I'm actually putting myself on delivery.

I parked and grappled her purse from the passenger seat. I studied it. Why am I doing this?  I sighed a breath of frustration. I was an asshole, I pushed her away, hid my true feeling. Correction, hiding. Hiding my true feelings for good reasons. Not to mention...I placed her into an uncomfortable position.

Honestly I didn't want her to go through with it. Then I got that call from a name I hadn't seen in a while.

"You like her."

"Hush up Amy. Even when I'm not around you you're still blabbering in my ears." I got out of the car and prepared myself.

Give and go. Just like last time. Just give and go.

I reached the top step and heard a crashing of a plate, along with muffled shouting. I got nosey, wanting to know what was going on on the other side of the mint green door in front of me.

The sun beamed on my skin and finally I knocked. I slid my left hand in my pocket out of habit and waited. After more muffled shouting I knocked again, only this time harder.

I squint, looking behind me. My car is still there. I tore my gaze away and back to the door when I heard a click. I don't know what or who I was expecting but it surely wasn't a guy.

Dark shaggy hair, tall, a mole on his chin, blue eyes. I noticed scratches on his neck and a cut on his lip. Is this the right house?

"What?" He answered in a pressed tone. Say I do have the right house and this is her boyfriend and this bastard is abusive in some way.

"Uh, afternoon, is...Madeline Snow, here?"

The boy rolled his eyes and stood straight. He crossed his arms, leaning into the door frame. One might have thought he was gesturing you in.

"No, she left a few moments ago." He explains. "Why, what do you want with her?"

"She left her purse at work, Just wanted to return it."

"Oh." He gazed at her purse and sighed. "You're Alex Morris right?"

"Yeah. And you are?"

He smriks. "Not her boyfriend, if that's what you're worried about. However, I'm not sure when she's going to be back or if she's coming back at all."