-𝚂𝚊𝚞𝚍𝚒 𝙰𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚊-

«𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡»

I woke up next morning well rested

I woke up next morning well rested. I thought I would wake up to Madeline but that wasn't the case. Instead I woke up to my hands wrapped around a pillow. I turn on my back and yawned.

I sat up and sighed, rubbing my eyes. Our call last night, it wasn't a dream, was it? I'm sure it wasn't. I nearly told her I loved her. I groaned and laid back down.

"Oh Alex you're a pathetic wank." I shook my head and sat up again. I raised the pillow, looking for my phone. It plopped on the bed and I set the pillow aside, picking it up.

I got out of bed and checked the time. 6:14a.m. I really did sleep well. I can only wonder if she's awake.

I went to the bathroom and decided on calling her. I waited and aauted and waited. I thought perhaps she'd still be sleeping and went to hang up until she answered.

"Hello?" Her voice sounds strained and low.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yes."

"See, now if you were here I'd have known if you were sleep or awake. But I'm sorry, you can go back sleep."

"Well I'm already up, not sure I'll be going back to sleep now."

"Join me in the shower then." I put my phone on speaker and stripped out of my pants.

She grinned. "What?"

"Would you like to watch me shower? I can facetime you." There was a bit of silence and I took that as a yes.

"Okay switching to face time, and you better get in the shower too."

"My phone will get wet."

"If it's not one thing it's the next." I complain. She chuckled lightly and finally answered the call.

"I'll watch you then."

"Ah, finally doing your wifely duties."

"Shut up before I hang up."

"Yes ma'am." I study her and she's sitting in bed. There's a bonnet on her head. I can only womder if she still have her braids in. I turn the shower on and set my phone on the soap holder to the left of me.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Just ask if you have a question Ms.Snow, hadn't I told you that before?" I stood under the water, letting it coat my skin with hot water.