-𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒-

«𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡»

"So what you're saying is that she's still beating around the bush

"So what you're saying is that she's still beating around the bush." She states.

I nod, taking another bite of my burger and exhaled. I met up with Tiana an hour ago at her work and we've been talking ever since.

"Maybe it's my fault."

"She's playing hooky. But be discreet, ask her if she wants to be left alone." She shrugs.

"But I love her though. I can't just let her go. Where am I to find love again so soon? I'm almost thirty and I am ready to settle down. I'm already successful so taking care of a child wouldn't be a problem, and I want to get married again."

Tiana exhaled and set her pen down. "Alex, I'm not a marriage counselor, okay? Maybe she just likes the attention."

"Nonesense. She's just thinking is all."

She crossed her arms and sat back in her chair. "You had sex with this girl, you took her to Saudi Arabia for two weeks where the two of you had a lot of time together. You spent money on her and you said that the first week was full of, "love making", so what is there to still think about?"

I didn't answer.

"Are you sure she likes you the way you like her, Alex? She could be the type to say that they do and then back out when it's time to commit to it." She explains.

"Madeline isn't like that." I mutter.

"She could be. Just ask her if she wants the two of you to continue and see how it goes."

I set my cup on her desk and exhaled. "I shouldn't have came here."

She grinned. "Just trying to help. And by the way, Mitch can't destroy your company. It probably was a bluff to get you out of the shadows. But did you assault the man?"

"Yup." I say popping the p. She gave me a look and I shook my head.

"What? It was defense. He nearly raped Madeline in my own office. I had to give him a few to the noggen to teach him to not put his hands on my woman."

She scoffs. "Your "woman" was still an employee for you then. But if this goes to court she'll have to take the stand."

"So I win?"

"Only if your damsel in distress takes the stand to tell her side of the story. Then you could say you saw it happen and that's when you jumped in to save her. Boom, you win."

I smile. "I'll talk to her about it."

It got quiet and Tiana sighed.

"Alex, don't waste your time. If she doesn't want to be with you, let her go now before you get more hooked than you already are. Wouldn't want to see you on my doorstep at wee hours in the morning crying your eyes out."