-𝚁𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚠𝚘-

«𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎»

I took a seat at the table and it almost felt normal again

I took a seat at the table and it almost felt normal again. Jack seems to be doing better as well. Ever since our talk yesterday I could sense the tension grow thinner.

He gazed at me and I grabbed my the bottle of orange juice, pouring myself a glass. He raised his eyebrows with a playful smirk.

"Oh? Change of heart?"

"This is a glass to newer times and change."

"Really?" I nod. "What's the change?"

"Well for starters I'm going to get myself a new apartment after I cash this check at the bank, then after that I am going to have a talk with Mr.Hans, and I will be grand from there." I explain cheerfully.

Jack smiled. "Well congratulations, I am proud of you."

"Thanks Jack."

I set my cup down after taking a look over at the empty seat beside him. I didn't want to bring back old news but I wanted to know what it would mean for him now.

"What about you?"

"What do you mean?" He didn't look at me, he was busy typing at his phone. He seems fixated too, like whoever he's talking too is way too important for a three second gaze my way.

"About Miami."

Still, without looking at me, he heaved a sigh, taking a bite of his pancake. Jack toned me out, his tapping getting quicker. I noticed his body shook due to his leg bouncing up and down rapidly.

Another bite, and more tapping. He dropped his fork and sat back in his chair, his leg tapping coming to a complete stop.

I'm sure he's talking to her now.

"Jack?"

Whatever came through to his phone made him toss it lightly on the table. He shook his head and ate more mouthfulls of his fluffy pancakes.

"What did she say?"

His fingers interlock with his hair and he shook his head.

"I um...took your advice to take time off from work."

Of course he would change the subject.

"That's good. What are you going to do during that time?" He shrugs. There was a vibration and he quickly picked up his phone. However, whoever it was that texted him wasn't important, because he put it right back down after.