Chapter Twenty

"Yeah. It's getting kind of boring to just always be here. Besides, Jimin planned it."

"Where exactly?"

"We don't have a definite place yet but we're thinking of going to the beach since it's summer."

Y/n's POV

"You've been looking at me for how long now, y/n." Jungkook said, about to sip on his water.

"Do you like Karina?"

"Where did you get that?" He grins after. "So you do like her." I narrowed my eyes to him. He should really have a move on her, "Karina is a beautiful woman-"

"Don't play cupid, y/n." He lectures. "Why not.. you two have been together for five years."

"I like someone else."

"Oh okay, what's her name?" He shakes his head while chewing. "That's off limits."

"To think that we're friends." I murmured sarcastically. "I heard that." He narrowed his eyes.

"Good." I narrowed my eyes back at him then he couldn't contain it, he smirked.

"Aren't you going to ask me who I like?" I smiled.

"You.. like someone else already?" His brows scrunched a little. I nodded my head even if I don't have one.

Just to be fair.

"Who." I shaked my head. "Off limits." Then I stuck my tongue out. "Alien." He murmured.

"Hey I heard that!" He shaked his head in frustration. "Your tongue, dummy, it's tainted blue."

"Oh so we're calling names now? Fine then dum-dum." I raised my brow, feeling challenged.

He chuckled. "Tell me who you like and I might just take Karina on a date then."

I was surprised. "Really?.." he nodded his head.

I can't just make someone up this quick, besides, he still hasn't made a move on her. "Try and be close to her first."

"We've been for five years, y/n. Just say who you like."

Right.. "I changed my mind. I won't tell you right away." I shrugged it off.

"I thought you like me and Karina to work out?"

Deeply thinking of him with someone else suddenly bothered me. "Yeah, but you said I shouldn't play cupid."

"I'll just have to go to the restroom real quick." I stood up immediately.

-

I'm staring at my reflection, pursing my lips in a line..

Something in me starts to feel unsettling.

I was sure that what Jungkook and I had was just platonic so I wasn't worried.

But why did imagining him and Karina make my chest heavy? Why now?.. I was fine earlier.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea moving in with him, or drinking, or eating food together- argh!

It's too late for that..

I dug myself into this.. I think I've grown feelings for him all the while but I've been too caught up with Benette and me to notice it.

I frustratedly rubbed my hands on my face. What the hell y/n.

I assessed myself and it looks like the feelings I have for Jungkook aren't that big of a deal yet.

I can still fix this.

"Hi, do you happen to be y/n?" I looked to my right and a blonde woman was asking me. "Ah yes, I'm y/n." I stood straighter.

"Your boyfriend is looking for you outside." She smiled. "Oh, thanks." I just smiled. It's no use explaining that he isn't since she doesn't know us.

I went out and he's standing outside of the door with his phone. "Are you okay? It took you so long."

"Yeah, I'm fine.." now I feel all ashamed, recognizing what I've been feeling for him.

"Why do you look so down? What happened?" He lifted my chin and I swerved my face. I felt like the contact created sparks on my skin.

I gasped realizing that I looked like I was cautious of him. "I'm so sorry, my mind was just flying elsewhere." I frantically explained while he's looking at me with confusion.

"I can clearly see that you're bothered y/n, what is it?"

I suddenly thought of the perfect excuse. "Actually.. Well, can I be honest?" I looked at him.

"Anything." He's very attentive.

"I actually think that office work isn't really for me.." I kind of laughed it off a little.

"It's fine, I'm happy that you gave it a try anyways. Now, let's go home." He smiled and pats my head.

-

We got to his house and he's undoing his tie. "Oh I thought you were just dropping me off?"

"My work is done, besides, you're all alone here."

"I moved in here so you wouldn't be lonely, now you're keeping me guard so that I wouldn't be lonely." I said it like nothing made sense.

He smiled. "It wouldn't hurt anyone, right?"

I smiled but I actually felt like I could get hurt. If I could make Karina and him be together, it would be a new start for me.

"Jungkook?" He looked at me. "I like Taehyung."

He's just looking at me. "Maybe you just feel like it since he was near you multiple times considering how I saw him charm you at times. I think it's best you slow down for now y/n."

"No but I'm fine now, remember what I said in one of our calls before? How I'm considering dating someone again?" I smiled.

He shaked his head. "No. Not now. I want you healed first, you might just hurt the same again." His voice is very authoritative again,

"Jungkook, you don't have to worry about me. Now go and have a date with Karina soonest."

He closed his eyes remembering our deal earlier. I chuckled.

"Let's change it. I'll date Karina if you lose feelings for Taehyung."

"Boom. Gone." I said with my fingers whirring in the air like there's magic dust falling off of it.

He then started walking towards me. He bends down and faces me a little closer.. "I'm not playing y/n. No man will get close to you. Believe me." He said in a competitive tone.

I just ended up smiling at him. I won't back down of course. "We'll see."