Chapter Fifty-one

I looked back down to the now gown-looking dress I have. She tied around this sort of detachable train part.

“You look stunning.” she smiled then she bent over behind the rock to get something. 

“Where’s Jungkook? What’s happening? We just got engaged.” I said, laughing off my nervousness, I’m seriously dumbfounded right now. 

I stared at the big bouquet Karina was handing me. “I’ll get you to Mr. Jeon.”

What is going on? 

I followed Karina even though I’m lost in the head

I followed Karina even though I’m lost in the head. We walked further, I saw dad waiting alone near the big boulders.

“Dad? Where’s mom? Seriously, what’s happening?” I chuckled but deep down I’m confused.

“Mom? Oh sure, let's go.” Dad easily took my hand and linked my arm to his. 

I didn’t know that just right behind these rocks are the few people I knew, standing in a decorated surrounding, looking at me with a smile.

“What-” I wanted to stop but dad insisted I keep walking. “Dad??” I still kept walking with him while I’m shocked. “To tell you the truth, this is the first time that I’m happy to walk you down the aisle.”

I bursted crying again, confirming that what I was thinking was right. No wonder he asked me to wear a white dress!!! It finally just adds up.

We finally walked up to the tail of the white carpet where mom is standing. She placed a veil on my hair to secure it and gracefully draped it over my face. “I’m proud you’re a strong girl.” she said before dad started walking me up to the priest and Jungkook that I now noticed. 

We locked eyes and I chuckled while sobbing. Dad finally hands me over to Jungkook. “All yours my boy.” Dad patted his shoulder.

“Thank you, sir.” I could only be mesmerized at Jungkook right now. But first, I hit his shoulder for surprising me and everyone laughed, and so did us.

“You are so sneaky!” I said with an already congested nose. “It’s the only way I could give it to you best.” he chuckled, handing me his handkerchief.

I took it and blew my nose under the veil and he smiled with a scrunched nose. 

I then looked at the priest because I just suddenly remembered him even though he’s literally beside us. 

I smiled at him. “My my my, in all of my twenty-three years of serving God and blessing weddings, it’s a first for me to have witnessed an engagement and wedding in one day.” He said, beaming a huge smile at us and our guests.

They laughed and clapped, I looked at them seeing both our parents standing next to each other and even Xian was there smiling haha. 

“Such love for the two, now, we are here to testify, witness, bless…”

We sat in front of the priests while he reads on his bible but I couldn’t help but steer my eyes to the background decor they’ve done just to surprise me.

“The gospel you chose for your wedding is Jesus talking about love. He commands to love as he has loved..”

I looked at Jungkook, intently listening to father. 

My heart is full of love right now.

“Jungkook and Y/n, have you come here to enter into marriage without 

coercion, freely and wholeheartedly?” 

“Yes Father.” We both responded at the exact same time to which I looked at him smiling.

“Are you, Jungkook and Y/n prepared, as you follow the path of marriage, to love and honor each other for as long as you both shall live?”

“I am.” We both responded. 

This is it. 

“Since it is your intention to enter the covenant of Holy Matrimony, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church.”

We faced each other, holding our right hands together while he raised his left hand.

Father then whispered to us to echo his words. He first turned a little to face Jungkook and placed the mic near him.

“I, Jeon Jungkook, take you, Y/n, to be my wife. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all the days of my life.”

I started tearing again because I kept thinking that he really wants me in his life.

After his consent, Father finally faced me now..

“I, Y/f/n, take you, Jeon Jungkook, to be my husband. I promise to be faithful to 

you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all the days of my life.”

My voice was shaking as I kept myself from sobbing. I was just looking at him the whole time and he’s looking at me all proud.

“May the Lord in his kindness strengthen the consent you have declared before me and graciously bring to fulfill his blessings within you. What God has joined, let no one put asunder. May the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, the God who joined together our first parents in paradise, strength and bless in Christ the consent you have declared before me, so that what God joins together, no one may put asunder.

Let us bless the Lord.”

“Thanks be to God.” Everyone cheered.

I was then shocked to see Jin hand the rings to Father on top of a cute small white cushion.

I forgot about the ring!! Haha, I thought we’re going to kiss already.

My.. they’re beautiful.

“Bless, O Lord, these rings

“Bless, O Lord, these rings.. which we bless in your name so that those who wear them may remain entirely faithful to each other, abide in peace and in your will, and live always in mutual charity. Through Christ our Lord.”

“Amen.” I heard my parents and the rest say.

Father then showers the wedding rings with holy water before asking us to take the rings and echo Father’s words again.