Chapter Fifty

"I love you y/n.. But.." huh? He left his words hanging so I got worried, I turned my face a little to look at him. Is he seriously having second thoughts now??

"But??"

A shrimp mounted on the fork appeared in front of my face.

"I'd love you more if you listen and eat."

"Oh God, don't joke around like that, I thought you're backing out!"

He laughed, "after all the courting I did with you? Not a chance, princess." He then fed me the shrimp.

"Fine, we'll eat." I giggled and pulled his hand to go back to our table.

-

"Sir, the island is up ahead!"

I quickly looked straight ahead and I saw a huge land mass from afar.

"You know what to do, Xian."

"Yes sir!"

I felt Jungkook hold my hand on the table making me look at him. I smiled and held his hand tighter.

"Are you ready to take pictures over there?"

"Oh we're taking pictures? Let me retouch my make-up then." I quickly stood to get to my bag. Glad I kept my mini palettes for times like this.

-

"Wow.." is all I could say as we near the island.

Jungkook placed his hand in front of me, "if you take my hand, this means we're in this forever."

I smiled and placed my hand on his, "forever would mean keeping up with my tantrums and antics?"

"As long as you keep up with my stamina." he winked and I had to pinch his arm, laughing and so did he.

We watched Xian anchor the ropes to the dock while he intertwined our hands.

"It's all set," Jungkook then said, looking back at me, "let's go?"

"Let's go." I smiled and he was careful of me to watch where I step on this very dock.

I was almost close to finally stepping to the sand when Jungkook stopped me. "You're wearing heels, baby. Let me take it off." he already kneeled and held my ankle up to slip my heels off.

I am not letting go of this man. Ever.

He then stood up, took off his shoes as well. He placed our footwers on the dock, rolled up the bottom hem of his pants and finally stood and wrapped his arm on my back.

We both took our step and the feel of the sand on my feet is breathtaking.

"It's cold," he said, smiling.

"Yeah, I like it." I giggled then he guided our way to where he plans to bring me.

-

That is such a big.. Boulder? Rock formation? I don't know how to properly call this but you have to raise your chin up to see the top of the rocks here. It's not just one, but it's all over this part of where we went. We're close to the shore and the sound of the water washing over the sand is tempting to have my feet get dipped in it.

Oh well, why waste a chance?

I walked to the water slowly and I hissed at the coldness of it creeping up my thighs. I stopped to stare at the water over the horizon.

 I stopped to stare at the water over the horizon

Click.

"Huh?" I looked at him and he had his phone on his face. "Hey." I chuckled.

He grinned before he ran off. "Hey!" Does that man really want me to run after him?? I hurriedly got off the water and the dress weighed me down a little because of the water.

"Where did you go!" I smiled, walking fast towards the direction he had gone off to.

I kept walking and walking and I turned right on this boulder to where I feel like he-

What the..

I'm seeing two familiar faces silently talking to themselves before they take notice of me..

"What.." Why are they.. Wearing white- wait??-

They started walking towards me. "Surprise!"

"What- how- w-when??" I froze on my spot.

"I should do the asking, y/n." Mom gave me a sulking tone.

My mouth opened wide with arms out, asking for an explanation why my parents are suddenly here when it's just us that came here.

Mom took my hand and I just realized that she wants to stare at the ring. "Beautiful, just like your baby girl, right hon?" Mom sounds like she's about to burst out crying.

"Always have been." My dad now smiles wide. "Wait, why are you guys here?? Just?? How??"

"Well, someone just knocked on our door one day, introduced himself and well.. Visited us from time to time, as opposed to our own blood-"

"Moooom."

"I'm just poking fun at my baby." She laughs while her eyes want to well.

Jungkook beat me to it.. Now my eyes are starting to well up.

This man is seriously doing so much for a proposal. Speaking of him, where is he? I started looking over my parent's shoulder to see where he was but dad talked.

"That kid got spunk, we'd always have a one-on-one drink and he followed through." Dad chuckled.

Wait, he was drinking?? But he never once smelled alcohol whenever he gets home, and wait? He's always at work? Unless..

"Now is not the day to have your forehead wrinkled, you don't have to think right now, that boy is a sweetheart. It melts me that a man is finally pursuing my baby." Mom held my cheek and I started tearing.

"Awe, y/n." They both hugged me.

"You never told us what you went through, but we were relieved to see that boy by your side." I cried harder.

"y/n.." I looked to where that new voice came from- "Karina??" she smiles at me while walking with a white cloth..?

"What's happening??" I am so overwhelmed right now, but good.

"We're just going to walk, okay?" Dad kissed my temple and I could just nod. I looked back to Karina.

"How did you guys get here??" she then gestures her index finger in the air, circling it.

Wha.. "helicopter?" I was shocked. She nodded, making me in awe. Jungkook..

"I want to congratulate you." she hugged me then I suddenly felt something get tied around my hips.

She stepped back after, marveling at me while I can't picture what I might think she's doing. "Karina?"