Finding John Doe

For the next day, Cathy ignored Regina and tried to ignore Emma but Henry had told her that he had forgived Emma so she gave her the benefit of the doubt, she couldn't believe that Regina had used Henry as a pawn to try and turn him against Emma, Henry had been devastated and Cathy knew what that was like to be called crazy, to be treated as if you were insane, Cathy had put a sign in the cafe window and she took two days off of work to have a self care day and just have some time for herself, she checked up on her dad and his pawn shop and then she took a walk to the docks, ever since Cathy could remember the had always felt as though she was missing something.

Her heart always told her that she was missing something but she always ignored it not wanting to sound more crazy than people made her out to be, she often wandered through the woods, she felt a sense of familiarity in the woods, sometimes she felt home in the woods and she could never explain it... but for now she had promised Henry to meet him in Granny's, apparently he had convinced Mary Margret Blanchard to read to one of the coma patients because he believed that the man was Prince Charming so Henry wanted to meet in Granny's to discuss it so when Cathy walks into Granny's she sees that Henry and Emma are sitting in a booth and she sees a familiar looking shirt on Emma 

"Thanks for the shirt. Hey, is this your mother's?" Emma asks and Henry brushes it off as Cathy approaches them "She'll never notice." He says as Cathy reaches them "I wouldn't be so sure kitten." Cathy laughs as she slides in beside Henry who hugs her and she smiled hugging him back, kissing the top of his head "Where does she think you are, anyway?" Emma asks him and he looks up innocently "Playing Whac-A-Mole." Henry says and Cathy just runs her hand through his hair "And she bought that? Why didn't you say you were with Cathy or something slightly more believable?" Emma asks and Henry sighs. 

"because she upset auntie Cat, she wants me to be socialising with other people my age, she wants to believe it, so she does." Henry says and leans into his aunts side and Emma notices a slightly sad look on Cathy's face "Oh, imagine that." Emma says as Mary Margaret enters the diner "She's here." Henry say's excitedly and Emma points at him "Hey, don't get your hopes up. We're just getting started, okay?" She says and henry nods as Mary Margret walks over "He woke up." She says and Emma is shocked, Cathy is just worried "What?" Emma says and Cathy remains quiet another thing Emma picks up on "I knew it." He says happily and it just makes Cathy more worried for him.

she knew first hand what happens to people who hold onto unnatural beliefs, she hated that it still effected her after all this time but she would never forget what happened to her, she was scared that the same thing would happen to Henry if he never changed his mind from his belief that they were all fairytale characters, she would let Henry have his beliefs for now because some of the things he said made sense, she had tried to figure out who she was but Henry didn't want to tell her yet which did make her very very curious "I mean, he didn't 'wake up' wake up, but he grabbed my hand." Mary Margaret said and Henry smiled "He's remembering!" Henry says and Cathy looks up. 

"What did the doctor say?" She asks and Mary Margaret sighs "That I imagined it, but I'm not crazy. I know it happened." She says convinced and Henry gets excited "We have to go back. You have to read to him again." He says and Mary Margaret thinks for a second "Let's go." She says and Emma is shocked but Cathy was going to keep Henry safe "Wait, wait what?" Emma asks and Cathy got up from her seat letting Henry out "If I got through to him, if we made a connection." Mary Margaret says and emma can't believe what she's hearing "You don't believe..." she begins saying as she shakes her head and Mary Margaret cuts her off "That he's Prince Charming? Of course not. Somehow, some way, I touched him." She says and Henry tugs on his aunt's hand.

"are you okay?" He asks her and she puts on her best smile "of course kitten, I'm always okay." She says but Henry isn't convinced and hugs her which she is grateful for, she holds onto him for a few moments before she pulls away and kisses his forehead, they get outside and decide to take Cathy's car because there is a lot more room in it than Emma's smaller car and they head towards the hospital which brings back a lot of bad memories for Cathy but she pushes them down and focuses on Henry. Henry needed her to be focussed right now, not breaking down or panicking at resurfacing memories.