Chapter 39

Ting ting!

Suddenly, Richie's iphone hearing meaning the notification is coming up. He who was laughing and talking to his and billy's friends immediately stop talking and look to his phone. A email's notification. There, the weird yet mysterious and the uneasy feelings in his heart quickly running to his body as if there is something bad will happened.

He look up to his group friends again including billy who look at him with their eyebrows furrowed.

"What's wrong?"

"No. Keep talking. I have something to do." He said, and give a fake smile before jog quite far away from all of the peoples. Richie take a sit beside the dark road, and immediately looking and scrolling onto his phone with his eyebrows wrinkled hardly. And at the moment he tap the email's notification,

There. This is where its all started.

He gasped, eyes buttoning and teary, body shaking with his whole body feels sunk, and lifeless. A silence of sadness was the only noise he could hear, ringing in his ears. The roaring where also loud in his ears with adrenaline rushing into his body dominating the blood, and he can't feels his arms, legs nor body anymore at that time. He's numb.

His heart was thumping heavily with his breath getting fast.

Rebecca.

This is Doctor Hans. Your mom's doctor. I want to tell you that this month, maybe your mom will getting into stage 4 of lung cancer. She know this since i already told her about this stage. But she still not telling me to proceed her treatment or what. I hope you will persuade her and being open about this cancer of your mom and to your other family members too. Its important. Hoping your mom will meet me after the summer!

That. That's the email that he received. With a shaky hands, richie tapping to the accouny of email and could see it was rebecca's account that still log in into his phone. Oh yes, he remember, before this rebecca used to borrow his phone for something and forget to log out her email.

His breath getting quick, as he grasp for his phone tightly and jaw already clenching before stood up roughly, and walk angrily with his burning eyes. His grumpy and hard step makes everyone look at him and wondering his actions and way. With that reddened and nearly to burst face, everyone look at him in slightly fear. Seriously, this is tense.

Richie walking angrily with eyes already teary and somehow a drop of tears flowing down onto his cheeks. At that moment, his eyes caught rebecca who was talking and sitting beside freen, as he didn't waste anymore time, he stomped his feet towards them.

"Rebecca!!!!" He shout, makes rebecca turn her head, and at that time too, richie already grasp for her shirt's collar, pulling her and a hard-quick punch landed on her cheeks. Freen gasped as everyone also gasped, with some people slightly stepping backward in scared.

Rebecca stepping backwards, slightly want to stumble down as she look onto richie in the eye, could see the most dangerous yet terrifying eyes she could ever seen in her brother. Rebecca gasped, heart thumping loudly and could feel her spine and back of her head was pulsing hardly.

Richie was shaky, fist was trembling and teeth grinding tightly. He somehow quickly stomp to rebecca again, amd grab her collar one more time which makes rebecca gasped, eyes slightly buttoning and teary. She in clueless at that moment.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK REBECCA??!!! YOU KNEW!!!! YOU KNEW...." Richie yell, and at the last words, his voice getting slow and burst into cries. And there, with that, rebecca swallowed her saliva hardly, body were shaking and eyes somehow releasing its tears too. She get it.

"YOU FUCKING HIDE THIS FROM ME??!! REBECCA??!! WHAT A BITCH YOU ARE?!" Richie shout again, already sounds like a crazy person who obsessed or begging onto something. Yes, in everyone eyes, they seem like a lose siblings. Siblings that whimpering and completely broken.

"Richie??! Stop it. Stop." Freen slightly pull richie away from rebecca, as with that not so strong strength from freen, he already stepping backwards and fall down onto the ground. That's the same as rebecca. After richie's grip loose from her collar, she fall down helplessly. They both fall down, whimpering and crying.

"Richie??!! Rebecca??!!" Mrs Chankimha suddenly running towards them, seeing the two of them already crying and whimpering on the ground with people around them stares and in clueless. Richie lift up his head, looking onto Mrs Chankimha who right now standing beside his mom. Yes, Mrs Armstrong was there, also helplessly looking onto her two children.

"What's wrong richie? Rebecca?" Mrs Armstrong ask, seeing how richie's face was totally covered with tears, eyes reddened and lips slightly shaky. At that time, rebecca didn't even lift her head.

"You're lying. Mom, you're lying. You hide it from me. You're dying!" Richie shouts, crying hardly as with that sentence, both of their moms gasped, eyes widened and stun in their place. Its the same as freen. From clueless, to the most heart broken case.

This. The cancer, the illness and the disease. Finally, its being revealed. And at this time too, Mrs Armstrong know, she can't hide it anymore.