Chapter 42

On the same night too, rebecca was sitting at the side of the pool, legs dipping in the water with eyes staring onto the water lifelessly. Tears somehow still escape from her eyes from time to time, with mouth staying silent and keep releasing those loud heavy sigh.

"Thanks." A voices suddenly hearing, as with that, a figure could be seen by her side, taking a sit beside her makes rebecca look at him. Its richie. Richie was sitting, legs dipping in the water too and staring to the long far beach view from the backyard pool.  Rebecca could see he was still teary, eyes reddened and swollen as right now everyone seem to be in a thoughts and devastation.

"Thanks for asking mom to do the treatment." He said makes rebecca slightly furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head.

"No. Its not me. Its you." Rebecca said, turning her head back to the front and leave a deep sigh.

"Rebecca." Another soft voices hearing from behind and that's voices makes the both of them turning immediately as fast as they could as if this is the most important person making them respond that fast.

Freen awkwardly biting her lower lips as richie then stood up from his spot.

"Im going." He said, walking passing freen and leaving only the two rebecca and freen together. Freen slightly smiling and walk towards rebecca, sitting beside her. This time, she grabbing rebecca and pull her into a hug. A hug that makes rebecca close her eyes, feeling the warmth and comfort.

it's unbelievable. Freen's simple hug could make she felt the calmness that much.

"Im sorry. Im sorry that you've to going through all of this alone. Im sorry."  Freen whispered, playing with rebecca's hair while rebecca still hugging her, head resting perfectly on her shoulder. Same as her too.

"Its okay, freen. Having you like this is always making me calm. That's all i want, freen." Rebecca whispered too, but somehow tears dropping, wetting freen's shirt on the shoulder. There, freen know. Freen know that rebecca is hurting but rebecca is rebecca.

Rebecca is the most mysterious person that dont want to open up and rather to hurt herself alone. She never want to burden anyone and she wants nothing instead of people around her to be happy. And if that's mean she was dying, its okay. Atleast people around her happy.

Rebecca. Maybe she fails in communicating. She's fails in expressing herself. She fails in taking actions for herself. and also maybe she's selfish in everyones eyes. But, didn't everyone know? she is the person that will put anyone she love in the front row than herself. She silently cares about others. She silently dying only to make others happy. And she silently doing anything without anyone know.

That's rebecca. And maybe that's her red flags? And tonight, this is the last day for summer for this year, 2020. Last day before they go back home again, leaving Chankimha's family.