Chapter 48

(Recommend to read this chapter with raining sounds or sad songs as background)

The birthday party.

Party goers pressing in around her, rebecca stood on the veranda and realized she was alone. A teakwood guardrail kept people from toppling off and mingling with the ground two hundred feet below. Smoke burned her eyes and the odor of alcohol tingled in her nose. She never partook of either. Waves rumbled, sea birds cried, and stars sparkled in the cloudless indigo sky. In her heart, she knew it was all for someone else.

Occasionally, jazz from deeper in the villa surged over the drone of conversation, the clinking of glasses and polite laughter. Beams of light shone out the windows and stabbed into the perfect night. Yeah, its a perfect night.

Nudging elbows and dodging drinks, she moved until she had a little more breathing space. She glanced at the rail. The crash of the surf on the rocks seemed to grow in volume. She imagine——

"Hey." 

The approaching words from billy makes her thoughts cut. Rebecca turn around only to see billy was in his suit, looking so neat and handsome as always.

Billy raise his eyebrows and look onto rebecca ups and down. She was only wearing her casual baggy jeans, with her jeans jacket ontop of her black tshirt.

"Oh you're looking good even in this outfit huh!" Billy jokingly said makes rebecca scoffed and staying silent.Billy then tapping her shoulder and slightly lean to her ear.

"The dance floor will open soon. Go. You will take my sister to dance, right? She waiting for you."  Billy whisper, tapping rebecca's shoulder twice before he walk away, leaving rebecca battling with her mind.

Freen. Freen is waiting for her. Still?

Rebecca slowly walk towards the dance floor, and there the sounds of the mc hearing telling everyone to get ready with their own pairs.

"Alright guys! The last thing we should do at party is~~~ of course! Dancing! Get with your own partners~"

Billy from afar taking a woman's hand, but still manage to give a wink to rebecca. Rebecca frown as she turn to the side, only to meet freen who seem sparkling in rebecca's eyes, as if there is a sun brightening her whole body. Rebecca gasped, eyes stuck onto her, and her heart thumping out loud.

The shining flowy soft purple dress fit perfectly on freen's body. Freen smiling, making her eyes disappear as she approach rebecca who still stunned seeing her. Gosh, freen is so gorgeous. How her light make up fit her so perfectly, how her beautiful sparkling big eyes that can drown anyone, how her gentle scents blewing into her nose...

"Hey." Freen place her both hands on rebecca's shoulder which make rebecca's body flinch and tense on the spot. That's earning a chuckled from freen.

Gosh, those chuckled.....

Rebecca's eyes still stuck onto freen's face and digging those beautiful sparkling eyes. So beautiful.

"H-hi." Rebecca's voice sound stuck in her throat. Freen chuckled and slightly pull rebecca closer before she take rebecca's hand to wrap around her waist.