Chapter 44

It was a gorgeous morning filled with joy and hope, the sun is shining and the wind is blowing calmly with the birds are chirping their happy songs as the sound of kids having little discussions arose in the atmosphere.

Its already five months. Five months after the last year summer and now its already in march, 2021. Its still the same, everythings going so well, but that's not for rebecca. Her mom, her mom is still struggling to live. And her dad? She's not gonna talk about her dad. Its sucks. Eventhough Mr.Armstrong already realize everything and dont want to divorce his wife, which is Mrs.Armstrong after what happened during the last summer, but still, rebecca wont give a fucking face for her dad anymore.

She doesnt care about him, ignore him and even have the same hatred that burning in her heart started from that day until now. And for a good reason, Mr.Armstrong move out from the house for a while even though he always going back and forth to taking care of his wife. Yeah, its just... he want to give rebecca some time?

He tried to talk to rebecca many times. But no. She never give him a change. She will ignore and going away as quick as possible, showing how she's not interested in talking about this at all. She's cold. As cold as ice. Only with freen, she could loosen up her posture, tense and become as warmth as she can be. Freen is her rest and comfotable spot. As always.

For richie, he's okay with his dad. Yeah, everythings is good exclude when talking about freen with rebecca. Just like before, when not talking about freen, the siblings will become as close as before. But when freen's name becoming their topic, they will fight and obviously turn to someone else. Its the same. For both of them. Freen is their first real competition.

And right now, a cute silver necklace with a tulip as a pendant was perfectly rest on someone's neck. She was happily running with a little skipping, lips curling to a wide smile, and eyes disappear because of the wide smile. Her hands was interwined tightly and swinging happily with rebecca's hand. 

Its freen. Freen was so happy, and spending time with rebecca often. Yes, they have a date often, and always meeting with each other even though it sometimes takes hours to one of them to visit each other. Since rebecca already back to her hometown, its a little difficult for them to meet each other. But its okay, as long as the two of them can meet with each other, they willing to do it.

and today, its already complete five months with their smooth relationship. Rebecca could see how freen was smiling widely and getting excited everytime she coming to her. And yes, for freen, she always looking forward for her date with rebecca. Day by day, her love towards rebecca getting stronger without even she realize.

"Hey dont run too much, you might stumble down." Rebecca softly said, and slightly pull freen's hand that she tightly interwined with her hands. Freen look behind as she grinning widely and shook her head. Rebecca is still the same in freen's thought. The cool and calm one, plus a cutie gorgeous one.

The beaming lights of the sunsets beside the beach makes freen's face much more glowing and beautiful in rebecca's eyes. At that time, her heart thumping uncontrollably. Adoring and staring lovingly towards freen is her habits.

"I wont. You're holding me right? you're not gonna let me fall." Freen stated happily with a little tease smile makes rebecca stares to her with full of adoration. Yes, freen know so well that rebecca wont let her fall. And that's a fact.

"hmm." Rebecca humming and give a little smile as suddenly her head unconsciously thinking of something. Something that she want to talk about to freen. The thought makes her face switching and freen raise her own eyebrows when seeing rebecca.

"What is it?" She immediately ask, knowing so much rebecca is thinking of something. Rebecca's thought snap from her head and she look at freen with a little sigh and awkward smile.

"Uh... come." Rebecca pull freen's hand towards her, pulling her to the side of the beach and they take a sit on the sand while staring to the pinky- orange skies.

Rebecca slowly leaning her head toward freen's shoulder and sighing out loud which make freen a little bit nervous of what she will said. And then, a word that getting out from rebecca's mouth making her a little bit upset but still, she proud of her.

"I will move my master studies to Harvard University."

That. That what rebecca said.

Freen quickly shoot her head towards rebecca which make rebecca lift up her head and looking onto freen's disappointed face. She could see how freen literally swallowed her saliva hardly and eyes a little glassy. She's tearing up.

"O-ohh good for you." Freen said, voice already shaky and heavy. She know. She know that harvard university is rebecca's favourite university and rebecca want to study there for a long time already. But.... This is not a good time(?). Right now, Rebecca already pursue her master at one of the university that already far away from her house and also far away from freen. But Harvard... Harvard is much more far!

Rebecca sighing out loud and give a little tint smile.

"I got it freen.I also thought i wont get it." Rebecca said and that's when freen's tears rolled down onto her cheeks as rebecca gasp and softly look at her. She know. She know what freen is thinking. Freen was holding back her loud cries and her throat was stuck up.

"T-then... w-we're not gonna meet again? Yo-you will l-leave me? Rebecca.." Freen's voices was stuck and hearing muffled in her throat.

Rebecca sighing and still give freen a smile even though her eyes also seem to teary. She lift up her hand, caressing freen's cheek and wipe the tears away softly. They staring onto each other with full of feelings and love at the moment.

"Im not leaving you. We... w-we will meet. Always. I will always make a way to meet you. Okay? Just like how we always did. Alright? Im not leaving you." There, rebecca already comfort freen which makes freen trusting her much more. Yes, she want to trust rebecca and she always trust her.

Freen's lips pouting hardly, as she immediately drown her face onto rebecca's shoulder and hugging her tightly. The cries were hard, and the realisation hit rebecca's hard. She know how much freen hung onto her. The separation and the distance from freen will make her miserable.

But yeah, this is her decision. A decision to continue her studies despite all of this mess: Mess with her family.

Oh, about rebecca's mom. She's still in treatment. She sometimes getting better and sometimes looks like she will gone anytime soon. That's make everyone worried including rebecca herself. They can't predict what happen. They can't expect anything and they already go through a lot in this five months.