Chapter 29

When Shen Yunfeng heard this, he felt even more uncomfortable than being beaten, and he hated his cousin even more. Why was his cousin so bad? Did he have to take everything away from him? !

  ...

  After the quarrel that day, things were calm for a few days, and the weather gradually warmed up, entering the scorching summer heat.

  On the fifth night, the Zhang family's house suddenly caught fire, and the flames illuminated half of the village. When many people came to put out the fire, they saw the crazy Widow Chen standing at the gate, with her mouth open, clapping her hands and laughing. stop.

  The villagers did not dare to go there. After a while, Widow Chen suddenly started crying again. Her face was no longer distorted, but returned to the gentle mother's appearance.

  She has no offensive power like this, and those who are bold enough to want to go forward and hold her down would pose a great threat to the village. Today she is targeting Zhang's house, but tomorrow she doesn't know whose house she will be targeting.

  But before she could get closer, she suddenly raised her head, and everyone paused again, not daring to move forward, and the timid ones even took a few steps back.

  But Widow Chen raised her head and looked at the sky for a while, then rushed into the sea of ​​fire.

Chapter 36

  The Zhang family's house was already big, and the yard of Widow Chen's house burned all night. Almost all the men and women in the village came to put out the fire, so that the fire did not spread.

  The three brothers of the Zhang family were all buried in the flames, leaving only the orphans and the widowed mother alive.

  People in the village said this was retribution. Back then, the Zhang family bullied Widow Chen, an orphan and a widowed mother. Now the Zhang family is left with a house full of widows and children.

  Many old bachelors in the village came up with the idea of ​​building their own homes. Although their houses were burned down, there was a large piece of land underneath that could be rebuilt.

  Moreover, the widows left behind in their family are very young, and their children are only a few years old. The conditions are just right, and they may be able to have a few more children if they get married.

  There was also an old widower who thought of a bad move. He knew that he was fifty, old and poor, and had no competitiveness, but he could sneak into the widow's room at night and cook raw rice without fear of failure.

  But it didn't work. In the end, he was beaten by several women. He was an old man and he didn't have the strength of a young man. He almost lost half his life after being beaten. He also became the object of ridicule among the villagers.

  Everyone talked about Widow Chen and the Zhang family for a while, but there was nothing new in it. The conversation in the village gradually shifted to the widows of the Zhang family. There was never a shortage of new things in the village, and no matter how big things happened, they could be forgotten by people.

  Cheng Yeran's tofu started selling again. A fire seemed to have taken away everything, and he was able to sell two plates of tofu every day.

  Making tofu is not as tiring as tidying up the vegetable garden or farming, and the income is not bad, but Cheng Yeran has been thinking these days, if he really traveled through time, he couldn't sell tofu for the rest of his life, right?