Chapter 141

On New Year's Eve, shopkeeper Wang knew that they were going to visit the store, so he came over with a food box and celebrated the New Year with his wife.

They brought several dishes and some wrapped dumplings, and borrowed their kitchen to cook the dumplings.

"These dumplings need to be hot just out of the pot to taste good. We made them stuffed with mutton. You guys can try it if you like it." Shopkeeper Wang invited Tu Gen and Mai Miao Yuanbao to come over for dinner.

Mai Miao was originally brought out by shopkeeper Wang. Mai Miao was very grateful to him. She felt friendly when she saw him coming and even gave him New Year greetings.

Shopkeeper Wang and Mrs. Wang liked the child very much and gave her red envelopes, including Tugen and Yuanbao.

When eating dumplings, Mai Miao and Yuan Bao also got copper coins.

Mrs. Wang smiled and said, "You two are lucky. I only made two of them in total and they were eaten by you two."

Mai Miao had never eaten dumplings before, but she had seen other children showing off how much money they got from eating them, but she never thought that she would be able to eat them one day.

She happily wiped the copper coins clean, ran to get two red ropes, and gave one to Yuanbao, "I want to hang it around my neck. Uncle Yuanbao, do you want it?"

Although Yuan Bao is the same age as Mai Miao's brother, they are of different generations. Yuan Bao is their uncle's generation.

"Yes." Yuanbao took it, wiped the copper coin clean, and put it around his neck.

Yuan Bao is still making a wish in his heart, hoping to earn 10,000 taels of silver in the coming year. He originally saved a few hundred taels. At the end of this year, he received a large order from Lao Zhao, asking him to save more than 1,000 taels. If he follows his cousin, he will break 10,000 taels next year. Dream.

Shopkeeper Wang and Mrs. Wang saw that Mai Miao was much more lively and cute than when he came here, and his face became rosy. He was not as skinny and weak as before, and he had grown a lot taller. They felt happy in their hearts.

Mrs. Wang took Mai Miao's hand and said, "I want to ask your opinion on something. Your household registration is still in our family. Lao Wang and I were thinking, would you be happy to adopt you as our daughter?"

Shopkeeper Wang added next to him: "My wife was sick and injured before. The doctor said that she will not be able to have children in this life. We will adopt you as our daughter. You are the only treasure of our family. We will definitely treat you well and will not stop you." We support you in doing business with Mr. Shen, whatever you want to do."

The two of them either hope that Mai Miao will take care of themselves until they die, or they really want to have a child. They also see Mai Miao as pitiful and have never been loved by her parents. They want to make up for her regret while Mai Miao is still young.

Mai Miao looked at her brother. Tu Gen didn't expect that shopkeeper Wang would say this. She was stunned for a moment. It wasn't that she was repelled, but she was just confused.

"My parents have never made dumplings for us. Uncle Wang, you are better than our parents, but we still have to ask Uncle Cheng what he wants." When Tu Gen couldn't make up his mind, he thought of asking Cheng Yeran and Shen Yuntang .

"This must be asked. Even if you are not happy, we can still move around. Of course, it would be better if Mai Miao could be our daughter. Tu Gen, your parents will definitely not agree to our adoption, but you can be our Your godson, we will treat you like our biological son." Shopkeeper Wang also likes Tu Gen, a child who is down-to-earth and has no evil thoughts.