Chapter 136

The last time he looked for an online course in design for Shen Yuntang, he suddenly had a whim and wondered if he could find an online course for what he was studying. He tried searching, but he couldn't find an online course, but he found a lot of related information. The information gave him a lot of inspiration.

Coupled with the fact that Yang Shiming asked him to review before the exam, his grades improved by leaps and bounds, and he skipped Class B and entered Class A.

The Master even talked to him specifically, saying that he had seen many students who made rapid progress like him, but there were always those who became arrogant and arrogant as their grades rose rapidly. On the contrary, they could not even maintain their original grades. The Master hoped that he could be safe. Stay steady, be down-to-earth, and don't be complacent just because of a test result.

Cheng Yeran knew that the master was not deliberately suppressing him, but was advising him. During his time in the academy, he had also seen many students whose grades were slightly better but then dropped. Those students did not know their last names. Those people listened to them all day long. If you are complacent with the praise of your classmates, and if your grades do not improve significantly next time or if your grades regress a little, you will be severely affected, and you will no longer have the confidence to study. You will live in worry about gains and losses all day long, which delays your studies.

He thanked his master, and after returning home, Zhao Yanlin said that he wanted to celebrate him and that he should go have a drink in the evening.

Cheng Yeran waved his hand: "I've given up drinking. It's easy to stop drinking. But if I wait for you to go to high school, or wait for me to get admitted as a scholar, the three of us will definitely get together for a drink."

Yang Shiming said: "Your ability is enough to take the exam, and you can play next year."

With the affirmation of being famous for his poems, he also gained confidence, "Originally I wanted to study for a few more years and take the case study during the exam. It would be better if I was in a good position. But seeing that you are going to take the exam next year, I won't hurry up." , I'm afraid I won't be able to catch up with you."

Yang Shiming patted him on the shoulder, "Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Once you become an official, everyone will value you more for your achievements and not so much for your first few positions."

Cheng Yeran knew that Yang Shiming was the number one scholar when he relied on scholars. He never mentioned it, but everyone knew and admired him.

Yang Shiming will definitely be the top scholar next year, but Yang Shiming always said that there are people outside the world, and there is a world outside the world. He is just the first in a small county academy, and is not worth being proud of. The imperial examination is to compete with the scholars all over the world, even if He is not the number one scholar, but as long as he can serve the court, let the people live a good life, and bring glory to his family, he will be satisfied.

As soon as he arrived to study in Class A, he saw Xia Xiaowu coming back.

Didn't he go to take the exam? Why are you back before the exam time?

Cheng Yeran saw that he looked bad, so he was probably unlucky. He was happy when he was unlucky.

Without him asking, after two or three days, the entire academy was buzzing with news. It turned out that he and Slender Eyes went to take the exam together, and they ran into bandits just after leaving the city. They were looted and Slender Eyes was even injured.

The carriage of Slender Eye's family was also robbed. Xia Xiaowu took the carriage of Slender Eye's family and went there. Now that the carriage was gone and the money was gone, he would come back to get it. He was alone without company and had no intention of going.