Chapter 51

He followed Cheng Yeran to drive the chickens and ducks back to the yard, but there was a lot of chicken and duck droppings left in the house, which gave Shen Yuntang a headache.

  Cheng Yeran couldn't handle the cleaning either, so he was busy working behind Shen Yuntang. Shen Yuntang was very annoyed, "I'll finish it now. Let's go and see if the wheat has been flooded."

  They heard Aunt Li next door yelling early in the morning, saying that the vegetable patch at home was soaked to death. Fortunately, Cheng Yeran had pulled out all the vegetables at home, otherwise they would have been soaked to death, so they had to eat quickly. The rain stopped and the temperature started to rise again, so I couldn't put the vegetables in.

  When the two went to the fields, they heard many villagers crying and shouting, saying that their wheat had been soaked by water. The hail only fell for a short while, but it didn't have much impact. The biggest impact was the rain.

  The fields in the village are also divided into three, six or nine grades. Some are high-lying, some are low-lying, and the low-lying ones are soaked. The location of their fields is not bad, and their wheat was better than other families before. Be strong so nothing will happen.

  But Shen Yuntang's father's family's farmland was not so lucky, and almost a third of it was lost.

  But one third is already very lucky. Other families have lost half of their crops, and some have had all their crops destroyed.

  The Xia family's field has the best location in the village, and there is almost nothing going on there.

  Listening to the cries of the villagers, Shen Yuntang realized why his mother-in-law and father-in-law were so happy in his previous life. It turned out to be schadenfreude.

  At this time, the mood of the villagers was not very good, especially when they saw that nothing happened to Cheng Yeran's wheat, they became even more angry.

  Xia Xiaowu's family's fields are not a big deal, but Xia Xiaowu's family's wheat looks similar to other people's fields, not as outstanding as Cheng Yeran's family's. In addition, Xia Xiaowu's family will be an official in the future, and they can't afford to offend them. So he took all his grievances out on Cheng Yeran.

  At first, it was just a few people muttering, saying why Cheng Yeran's family's fields were fine. Later, more and more people complained, saying that it must be Cheng Yeran's wheat that sucked their family's luck, so their family's The wheat of other families has died!

  "I know you are very sad, but how can we blame our family for the natural disaster?" Cheng Yeran first saw everyone crying so sadly and felt sorry for other people's families. He felt very unhappy and felt that the ancient people were so pitiful. A small natural disaster left so many people without food. As a result, they were scolded by this group of people just as they got emotional.

  "What kind of natural disaster? I think it's a man-made disaster! If you make it impossible for our family to eat, I'll make it impossible for your family to eat!" Several angry villagers lost their minds and rushed over to pull out their wheat.

  "You are pitiful, so I should be scolded? What do I owe you?" Cheng Yeran was very speechless and stood in front of his own field, "Let me see if any of you dare to touch my wheat. I can't pluck your wheat this year. I will pluck it next year." , I pull out every year, I pull out every year! No one should live, let's die together."

  The villagers were stunned by his words. Cheng Yeran, a lunatic, could definitely do such a thing. The harvest of the villagers was lost this year, but only one or two households were wiped out, and the remaining people were still alive. Leave enough food to last you through the year.