Chapter 19

He really couldn't stand the atmosphere at home, so while Cheng Yeran was grinding beans, he took a bucket to the river to fetch water.

  Cheng Yeran has been fetching water these days. Cheng Yeran always said that cooking is a troublesome task, and washing clothes is also a delicate job. Cheng Yeran washed it twice and couldn't get it clean, let alone cooking. You're lucky if you didn't light up the kitchen.

  Laundry and cooking were delegated to Shen Yuntang, while Cheng Yeran took over the tasks of fetching water, chopping wood and washing dishes.

  Today Shen Yuntang wanted to hide out for a while, so he ran to the river to fetch water.

  It was cloudy today and it looked like it was about to rain heavily. There was no one by the river. He had just filled two buckets of water when he heard someone calling his name from behind.

  He recognized Xia Xiaowu's voice and was so frightened that he almost dropped the bucket into the river.

  He turned his head warily, holding the pole in his hand and looking at Xia Xiaowu.

  "Don't be nervous." Xia Xiaowu took a few steps in his direction, but did not get very close. He stopped five or six steps away, "Do you have to come here to fetch water every day? This kind of physical work How can I leave you with such a weak brother?"

  Xia Xiaowu sighed as he said this: "It's all my fault for failing to protect you. If it were me who married you, I would never let you do this kind of work."

  Shen Yuntang sneered, thinking that he had done a lot of physical work in his previous life, and his hands were rough, cracked, and deformed. Xia Xiaowu disliked his ugly hands and always asked him to hide them in his sleeves. leaked out in front of me.

  Now that he is married to Cheng Yeran, his hands are as long and straight as before he got married, without any deformation.

  Xia Xiaowu interpreted his sneer as a bitter smile and comforted him: "If you have a hard life, just tell me that I am willing to be your listener. Even if we fail to get married, I don't want our marriage to end." "

  "Don't say such things that make anyone uncomfortable, don't block the way, I'm leaving." Shen Yuntang was frightened by him in his last life, and now she can't help but tremble when she sees him, even though he said he wants to leave , but did not dare to move.

  "I know you are afraid of being gossiped about, don't worry, I won't tell anyone about us." Xia Xiaowu said, taking out a small cloth bag from his arms, and after opening it, there was a silver hairpin lying inside. , is the style worn by my brother, "Three years ago, when I went to the town and saw it, I thought it was suitable for you to wear. I also thought about wearing it on your head on the wedding night. I wonder if I still have this opportunity now?"

  Shen Yuntang watched him lift up the silver hairpin and handed it to him. He subconsciously took two steps back and stepped into the water. The cold river water soaked into his shoes.

  Although he was very scared, he still saw the hairpin clearly. He had seen his cousin wearing it in his previous life. It turned out to be a gift from Xia Xiaowu?

  Wasn't my cousin married to Cheng Yeran in his previous life? How could he wear the hairpin given by Xia Xiaowu? Could it be that the two of them secretly...

  He didn't dare to think about it. The more he thought about it, the more he felt that he was a joke in his previous life.

  "Don't be afraid, don't worry, keep it, no one will know." Xia Xiaowu was still about to move forward, when a hand suddenly stretched out from behind and snatched the hairpin away.