Chapter 196-200

Moreover, he has long disliked these two veterans. He wanted to do something, and these two people said that his father had set the rules, and his grandfather had set some rules. They had been blocking him. Now get rid of these two people. , he will be able to do things more freely in the future.

  The emperor also took this opportunity to add a law. Those who spread rumors and cause trouble would be imprisoned for fifteen days for minor cases, and up to three years for serious cases, with a fine ranging from one hundred taels to one thousand taels.

  There was a separate punishment rule for those who spread rumors about the royal family, and severe cases were beheaded. Considering that the two veterans were old and had made a lot of contributions to the imperial court, they were removed from their positions and allowed to return to their hometowns to retire.

  They have been in the capital for so many years and have settled down in the capital. Their son has also joined the court as an official. But now the emperor wants them to go back to their hometown. The son has no great ability and relies on them. Now the son cannot be promoted. There is still a possibility. Being squeezed out by other officials, at first they wanted to bring down Cheng Yeran, but Cheng Yeran was imprisoned for only fifteen days. The emperor said that after he was released from prison, he would be reinstated and there would be almost no impact. They were miserable. Well, you really shot yourself in the foot.

  The emperor said that Cheng Yeran could pretend to be a good person without going to jail, but Cheng Yeran insisted on going. The emperor was a little angry at his stubbornness, "Don't forget that your husband has just become pregnant with a child."

  "He will understand me." Cheng Yeran's only request to the emperor was that he should go home and explain himself before going to jail.

  The emperor waved his hand: "It's not a separation between life and death. Don't make such an expression. Just say that you are going out of town to do business and will be back in half a month. Don't worry him if he gets pregnant again."

  Cheng Yeran was afraid that while he was away from home, someone would cause trouble and exaggerate to tell Shen Yuntang, which would make Shen Yuntang even more worried. It would be better for him to tell Shen Yuntang in person.

  Ever since Shen Yuntang became pregnant, Cheng Yeran had been worried about him and told him to go out less and work at home as much as possible to avoid bumping into him in the mess outside.

  Their house is big, and you can walk around in the yard when you feel bored. The scenery is better than outside.

  If he gets bored, Lin Yu, Liu Ya and the others will take turns coming over to talk to Shen Yuntang.

  Seeing him being so nervous about himself, Shen Yuntang's heart was filled with happiness, but he felt that his stomach was still flat and could not be seen, so there was no need to worry so much.

  But pregnancy is indeed very consuming. He always feels very tired and has to stay in bed every day. He has not rested for a day since arriving in the capital. He feels that even if he is not pregnant, he still needs to rest for a while, so it is better to take advantage of the pregnancy. Give yourself a break.

  It just so happens that he can also watch some design videos, continue to learn painting and making cakes, and read more books to improve his knowledge.

  He was reading a book that day when he saw Cheng Yeran coming back. He was still wondering why Cheng Yeran came back so early when he heard Cheng Yeran tell him the news.

  He hurriedly asked someone to pack his things for him to use when he went in. "I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried about you, but I believe you know what you're doing."