Chapter 73

"If something happens to the young master after taking your medicine, how can you compensate me? The young master's life is precious, but your life is just a cheap one."

County Magistrate Chen looked into his eyes, "Are you a doctor?"

Cheng Yeran shook his head.

Magistrate Chen asked him again: "Did your ancestors practice medicine?"

Cheng Yeran still shook his head and said amidst the ridicule around him: "If you don't believe me, I can swallow the medicine in front of everyone. If I don't die, it can prove that these medicines are harmless."

Although the medicine was said to be three parts poisonous, the situation forced him to take it once and he would not die. Cheng Yeran was willing to take the risk.

"You don't need to test the medicine." County Magistrate Chen said and asked someone to bring a man in his twenties. The man kept coughing. "This is the man who fell into the water with my son. Give him the medicine first." try it."

Cheng Yeran looked at his symptoms, which were cold, fever and cough. He took out a wooden medicine box from his purse, which contained various medicines, large and small. "You are an adult. You need to drink three pills of this medicine." Plant the medicine and drink two pills. You can drink the two medicines together, but you need to drink them an hour apart. In addition to drinking the medicine, it is also necessary to rest and drink plenty of water."

County Magistrate Chen asked everyone to leave except Cheng Yeran. They watched the servant drink Cheng Yeran's medicine and let him sit on the couch indoors.

After the servant drank the medicine, he felt dizzy and wanted to sleep soon, so he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Cheng Yeran saw that the county magistrate kept staring at the servant, "This is not a magic medicine. It won't be effective for a while. My husband is still waiting for me in the inn. If I don't go back, he will be worried."

Cheng Yeran thought of Shen Yuntang's pitiful appearance waiting for him in the inn, and felt extremely distressed. He could not care about others and wanted to run back to see his husband.

"How long will it take for this medicine to take effect?" County Magistrate Chen asked him.

Chen Yeran took a look at the sky outside. It was just past noon. "I can't say tonight or tomorrow. I told you, my medicine is not a miracle medicine and may not cure it."

"Which inn does your husband live in?" County Magistrate Chen saw his nervous look, "Don't worry, even if you can't be cured, as long as you don't get cured, I won't punish you until you see the effect. , you can't leave."

"Can you really keep your promise?" Cheng Yeran looked at him suspiciously.

"You are very courageous. You dare to speak to me in this tone. Aren't you afraid of me?" County Magistrate Chen looked at him carefully and felt that he was not an ordinary citizen. Could it be that he was visiting in secret from some big shot?

"You are a parent official, why should you be afraid to talk to your parents?" Cheng Yeran used his shamelessness on this. Unexpectedly, County Magistrate Chen fell for this trick. Instead of continuing to blame him, he talked to him I promise that he and his husband will not be punished unless what he sells is fake medicine.

Cheng Yeran got his approval and felt that he looked like an upright person. He was not worried about his husband staying alone in the inn, so he agreed to County Magistrate Chen's proposal to take Shen Yuntang over.

County Magistrate Chen arranged a guest room for him and let him live in it.

After he entered the room, he found that there were government officials guarding the door, as if they were worried about him leaving. About half an hour later, Shen Yuntang was sent over.