Chapter 81

"It's not about delivering goods, it's about studying." Cheng Yeran took out a sign from his pocket, "It's a sign from the academy. If you come here to study, you will get one. Why, don't you have one?"

  "Why did you come here to study? How did you sneak in?" Xia Xiaowu asked him, his eyes widening in disbelief.

  "None of your business? Do I know you very well?" Cheng Yeran rolled her eyes at him silently, hugged Shen Yuntang and left.

  Cheng Yeran's dismissive attitude towards him made him feel angry and wanted to vent his anger and hit someone. He was so angry that he clenched his fists and trembled all over.

  Whether in the village or in the academy, everyone respects him or is afraid of him because he has good academic performance and is good at pretending. He has made friends with many rich boys. He often follows these rich boys to bully some less powerful classmates.

  For example, if they see that other students have better grades than them, or that their grades have improved recently, they will deliberately bully that person to make that person have no interest in studying, and their grades will plummet. They enjoy the pleasure of easily ruining other people's futures.

  Or they get together to have fun by humiliating and scolding some classmates who seem to be weak and timid.

  This academy is a recommendation system. It does not mean that only talented people can come and study. Instead, the rich look at their family affairs, while the poor look at their talents. If an unlearned person wants to enter the academy, he will have to pay a large sum of money. He asked privately, At least one thousand taels of silver is required to start.

  Students who pay less than 10,000 taels of silver must take the freshman exam. If they fail the exam, they will be expelled.

  Those with more than 10,000 taels don't have this worry, but there are very few people in the county who pay 10,000 taels of silver to study. Even if they really have the money, they have to go to big cities to study.

  He looked at Cheng Yeran. Even if he made some money selling dried tofu recently, he couldn't possibly make a thousand taels. Did he really make money? But even if you pay this money, you won't be able to pass the exam. Spending one thousand taels in three months to study in a school is really crazy.

  "Very good, what if you come to the academy to study? I'll make your life worse than death these three months." Xia Xiaowu entered the academy briskly as he thought about what interesting things would happen in the future.

  ...

  "Why did you come out?" Shen Yuntang calmed down after leaving the academy for a long time and remembered to ask Cheng Yeran.

  "There is no class today. I handed in my letter of recommendation and they assigned me classes. I will come back to class tomorrow. Today, people in the academy are busy assigning dormitories to freshmen." Cheng Yeran looked at Shen Yuntang distressedly. In his previous life, he actually Having experienced such a nightmare life, "We are not going back today. I will take you to have a nice meal."

  "But there are still many things..." Before he could finish speaking, Cheng Yeran took him to a restaurant near the academy.

  This restaurant is called Wangchun Tower. It is the largest restaurant in the county. It is three stories high. Because it is next to the academy, the decorations inside are very elegant. Many scholars like to come here to recite poems and write poems.

  As soon as I entered the door, I smelled the elegant fragrance of incense and the sound of the piano. I was embarrassed to say rude words after entering this restaurant, and my behavior became more straight.