Chapter 266-270

But smallpox still spread to other villages, and then it got out of hand.

  When Cheng Yeran found out about this, more than 900 people died, and countless more were infected.

  In his report, he also wrote about how to prevent smallpox, and asked the emperor to issue an order to vaccinate the whole country with cowpox to prevent smallpox. He also said that he had read the method in an ancient book, and his family had tried it personally and confirmed that there was no problem.

  The emperor and the civil and military officials of the entire dynasty all admired Cheng Yeran's courage and loyalty. For the sake of the people, he actually experimented with prescriptions himself. He saved so many lives for the sake of the people regardless of his own life and death. His merits are enough to make him an immortal. .

  The emperor ordered that officials and their families should be vaccinated first, and then the common people. He also ordered that Cheng Yeran's deeds be written in newspapers so that people all over the country would know about Cheng Yeran's achievements and praise his achievements. , We can't let him work in vain, we must give him some material benefits.

  The emperor thought that if Xia Xiaowu hadn't concealed it, even the thousand people might not have died. In the past, when the plague occurred, there were officials like Xia Xiaowu. Because of their concealment, the originally not so serious plague expanded. To the point of being out of control.

  It must be severely punished, and it must be severely punished. It must be beheaded and the whole family exiled to soothe the souls of the more than a thousand dead people in the sky, and it can also serve as a warning to other officials so that people will not dare to imitate him.

  In addition to being angry with Xia Xiaowu, the emperor was also afraid. Although Cheng Yeran did this for the sake of the people, he did not care about his own safety. The body was his, and it belonged to their Cheng family. How could Cheng Yeran do this? Don't you care? What if you die next time?

  He even regretted letting Cheng Yeran leave the capital this time. He took two imperial doctors to Cheng Yeran's place to check Cheng Yeran's body and make sure nothing happened. Cheng Zhao was his son. There must be nothing else going on. At the same time, he was also considering putting Cheng Yeran back on the agenda.

  The only way to feel at ease is to keep their whole family under your nose, in case something unexpected happens outside. Cheng Yeran is a messy person, so if he doesn't watch, he will feel uneasy.

Chapter 205

  The Cheng Yeran family's deeds of personally testing medicine for the sake of the people, regardless of their own safety, were written in newspapers, and they also publicized the fact that vaccination with cowpox can prevent smallpox.

  People who go to newsstands every day to listen to the news have long known who Cheng Yeran is. They used to think he was a good official, but now they think he is a saint, and his husband is also a saint. No wonder the two of them Can come together.

  Some people spontaneously erected a statue of Cheng Yeran and set up a monument next to it to write down his achievements.

  Some people built a temple for him and burned incense to worship him, saying that he was actually an immortal photographed by heaven to save the people.

  There was not only him but also Shen Yuntang in the temple. Their statues were placed one on the left and the other on the right, and there were constant pilgrims.

  Cheng Yeran was shocked when he heard this, "I am worshiped every day. Why does it seem like I am dead?"

  Shen Yuntang quickly patted his mouth, "Don't talk nonsense, it's unlucky. Everyone regards you as an immortal. If you eat more incense, you might actually become an immortal."