Chapter 122

Shen Yuntang knew now. It turned out that because the mountain road was steep, the rest of the family thought it was troublesome and were afraid of danger, so they let him go out with a husband. Moreover, the whole family was suppressing him because he was obviously not ugly.

  His appearance is ordinary. He will not be praised for his beauty or criticized for being ugly. Moreover, he is tall and has a good figure.

  It's just that he was too self-abased, always lowering his head, hunching his neck and even hunching his back, as if he was afraid of being seen by others.

  "Why don't you go back? My husband will have a rest tomorrow and I will ask him to drive the donkey cart to take you home. Today you go to my house to rest first. After they finish the exam, I will ask him to tell your husband." Shen Yuntang thought. After all, Zhao Yanlin was also Shen Yuntang's classmate, and Shen Yuntang felt sorry for him. He was afraid that he would have to drive at night and it would be a steep mountain road, so he might as well send him back.

  "No, no, no, I'm fine." He has never been cared about by anyone since he was a child. Others caring about him would make him overwhelmed and very uncomfortable. He would rather work hard on his own than ask for help from others.

  "Aren't you going to give something to Zhao Yanlin? I'll ask my husband to call your husband home tonight. If you give the thing to him in person, you can still have a meal with him." Shen Yuntang said this, looking at his attitude. It's loose.

  "Okay, then, I'll bother you." He hesitated, but when he heard that he could meet Zhao Yanlin and give him something, he didn't care about anything else.

  ...

  Cheng Yeran followed Zhao Yanlin in. Before he could speak, Zhao Yanlin turned back and pointed at Cheng Yeran and said, "I know what you want to ask, but don't ask anything. I don't want to say anything."

  "Don't point at me." Cheng Yeran patted his finger aside, "Why do you have such an attitude towards your husband?"

  "He came to me without saying a word. I was not prepared at all." Zhao Yanlin retracted his hand angrily and avoided Cheng Yeran's eyes in embarrassment.

  "Why are you not prepared? I think you just dislike him for being a country boy, which embarrasses you, right? But aren't you also a countryman? We all come from the countryside, who dislikes the other?" Cheng Yeran Being very close to him, he has even been given guidance on study matters on weekdays. He treats him as one of his own and says such things. If others do this, he will not care and will only despise him in his heart.

  "What do you know? Your husband is good-looking, can do business, is well-educated, and is your good wife. As for my husband, it doesn't matter that he is ugly. He is submissive all day long and cannot be on the stage. If he lets the academy People here will definitely laugh at me to death if they know I have such a husband in my family."

  "My husband is also from the countryside. Their brothers were raised differently from boys. They don't get the attention of their families. This requires you, the husband, to love and protect them. Don't just watch your own progress. When I make progress, I have to pull him along, just like my husband didn't know how to read, write, or do business at first, but he gradually learned how to do it." Cheng Yeran felt that Zhao Yanlin was going too far. I have the advantage of being a man, I can read and write, and I can see the world, but I look down on the husband who has no way to see the world. It is too much.

  "How do I care for him? If he is good-looking, I will definitely have the patience to care for him. He is not the person I like in the first place. I don't have the patience for him." Zhao Yanlin turned around and walked to the classroom, not wanting to talk about this topic with Cheng Yeran .