Chapter 148

Shen Yuntang on the side heard that he was arguing with the villagers again and praised him fiercely. He hurried into the kitchen and was embarrassed to hear more.

"What? How did you get admitted as a scholar? Could it be that the examiner accidentally misjudged the exam and passed it for you?" When an uncle heard that he was admitted as a scholar, it was more uncomfortable than killing himself.

"No, I passed the examination based on my ability. You said that the examiner's eyes are not good? When I become an official later, will I talk to some examiners? Just say that there is an uncle in our village and let him treat his eyes?" "Cheng Yeran still pretended to have an innocent, gentle and kind tone, but there was a thorn in his words.

When the uncle heard this, he was so frightened that his legs weakened. How dare he gossip about the official behind his back? He just wanted to belittle Cheng Yeran.

Another elder brother who was watching asked him: "What does it mean to be able to pass the exam? Xia Xiaowu was among the top three in the exam before. You don't have to say it at the end to show off. You even have a banquet and you are not afraid of being laughed at by the whole village."

"I also got the top three in the exam. If you think it's easy to get admitted as a scholar, why don't you take the exam too? I'm optimistic about you. You will definitely get the first place." Cheng Yeran finished speaking in a calm tone, but then he said that The crowd was furious.

How could a lazy man become a scholar? Why should he? Why is life so good? Not only did he accidentally marry the most beautiful guy in the village, he was also so good at making money, and he was admitted as a scholar. Why did all the good things come to his family?

"It's time to have a banquet. When Xia Xiaowu was admitted as a scholar, he didn't have a banquet because he waited until he became an official." An uncle on the side felt unhappy and wanted to say something to make Cheng Yeran The heartwarming words hinted that Cheng Yeran would be finished as a scholar after passing the examination. He would not be able to compare with Xia Xiaowu and would become an official in the future.

Moreover, he specifically pulled Xia Xiaowu out to compare with Cheng Yeran because Xia Xiaowu was Shen Yuntang's ex-fiancé, a former fiancé and a current husband, and he was often compared by people.

Xia Xiaowu is usually the positive character in this comparison, and Cheng Yeran is the negative character. In the hearts of the villagers, Cheng Yeran is not as good as Xia Xiaowu in every aspect, except in appearance and height. However, no matter how good the appearance and height are, , and cannot be eaten as food, knowledge is the most important thing.

Cheng Yeran asked them: "That's because their family doesn't love him. My father-in-law loves me. I'll give him one test and then another one when I pass the exam. Are you jealous? Your father-in-law also makes your father-in-law jealous. I'll get you some drinks."

No one has ever seen him so shameless and talking about love.

It was time for dinner. The relatives of the Shen family also came. The village chief also came. He did not invite the villagers. They were all familiar relatives and friends. The villagers who were watching the fun did not receive invitations, let alone follow them. It was too uncomfortable to watch other people eat and smell the aroma, so I left.

The relatives of the Shen family all came with their share of the money. Although it was not the custom in the village for scholars to serve wine and follow the family members, Cheng Yeran and Shen Yuntang did not serve wine when they got married, so they thought of making up for their share of the money. .

Cheng Yeran had to go back to class in the evening, so he didn't drink with everyone.

Shen Yuntang had a drink or two. People in the village said that he had a good fortune. His previous fiancé was a scholar, but now he married someone else, and he was also a scholar. They said that he was destined to be rich and noble.