Chapter 11

"I see them, what's your situation?" Sakura asked as her team had to capture a cat as they had done many times before. Okay, it was always the same cat with the bow which had to be searched for but no matter. "I'll get her..." Naruto said, immediately throwing himself at the animal, holding it and being hurt by its claws.

A simple mission, like many her team had had for a long time. There was even one where they had to walk with dogs. Naruto had been quite foolish when he had held the larger dog, which wouldn't follow him.

"No, no, no!" , came grumbling from Naruto as they had returned the cat to its owner and stood before the Hokagen. "I don't want a baby mission! I want a real one, one that's exciting!"

Rina and Sasuke could only agree with him. These D-missions had simply been too boring. What were they supposed to learn in those, after all?

"Don't be so disrespectful to the Hokagen!" , sensei Iruka grumbled. "Calm down, Iruka." , the third spoke and directed himself at the seated Uzumaki. "Naruto, the missions are divided into different groups. The higher the ninja ranks, the higher missions they have. You, as a genin, can only reach C level at most, and..."

"And then I had one with Miso yesterday," Naruto told his team, who seemed to have listened to him more than the Hokagen. Even Kakashi had found this story about Naruto's noodle soups more exciting than his talk.

Quietly, the Hokage exhaled as Iruka had reprimanded the Genin again, telling him to finally listen. He probably had no choice but to give a mission which could do him justice.

"All right, then. I will assign you another C-class mission." , the third said and was looked at incredulously by Iruka. "You will escort a bridge builder to the wave realm and offer him protection."

"What!? No princess!?" , Naruto asked indignantly. When the door opened, an old man stood before them, making Rina hold her breath. What was that smell? Had he drunk too much or what was going on?

"I am Tazuna." The man said. "What, these little kids are my escort?" he asked a bit brusquely. "I'm not little!" , Naruto shouted and was looked at by everyone. Right now, he really was the smallest genin here.

"Alright..better than nothing...", said Tazuna who had briefly thanked the Hokagen and would tell the team that they would be leaving in the morning.

So this would be the first mission, outside of Konha. A mission in which Rina could learn how to use the whole area for a fight. And from what she could see of her twin, he was ready for it as well.