Chapter 39

As quietly as Rina could, she walked through the alleys of Konoha while suppressing her chakra. For hours she had been waiting for the right moment, until the situation had calmed down a bit. Because Tsunade was busy with the wounded, she had no real reason to set up several guards for an attack.

Arriving near the gate, Rina exhaled softly before she could suddenly feel a hand on her wrist, flooding her body with a warmth. "I'm not going to let you go too!" came from Naruto, who had risen to stop Rina despite his injury.

"So you noticed." came quietly from Rina who had to get her heartbeat under control. "Your eyes told me!" Stupid he was not. Especially when it came to his instincts.

"I have to go to become stronger. I have to kill Itachi to be able to avenge my clan." "Revenge is not the answer!", Naruto kept trying as his hand had continued to be around her. "Rina please. Sasuke is already on a wrong path!"

The Uchiha knew that. But she couldn't stand still. She had to move forward and get stronger. No one could help her with that. No Jonin, no Hokage, no comrades.

"I'm...sorry...Naruto..." spoke Rina who had turned her head towards him and applied her Mangekyou Sharingan for her Genjutsu. As if of his own accord, the Uzumaki stiffened before slumping forward and just barely being caught and carefully laid down by Rina. "Forgive me..Naruto..." she breathed softly, before heading off as quickly as she could so that no one could find her again.

Leaving her secret love behind, Rina leapt over the tree branches, gathering as much chakra into her feet as she had been able to. Her speed would surely pay off. But she hadn't reckoned with an opponent who had blown the Uchiha off a branch.

Gasping, Rina landed on the hard ground before slowly scrambling back to her feet. "Who's there!" she asked as Rina activated her sharingan.

"Just someone who doesn't feel like fighting.", a dark voice spoke which Rina couldn't see. What kind of jutsu was this? Why couldn't she see this person?

"Come out!", Rina ordered and got ready for an attack. "I told you I didn't want to fight!" the strange voice spoke again. 

An annoyed groan was heard before Rina could see a black swirl. Armed with a kunai, the Uchiha launched an attack. However, at the same moment, she could no longer move her body. What was going on now?

"We'll take you with us.", spoke the stranger who had looked at Rina. "N..Never!" she gasped, trying to free herself from his clutches. "Foolish girl..."

Just when Rina had gathered enough chakra and managed to form a jutsu, she felt a prick in her body, which made her spit blood. "W..What..." the Uchiha breathed as she tilted her head back a bit and could see a figure.

"I told you I don't feel like fighting and I'm going to take you with me." , the stranger said again. Never before had Rina allowed herself to be overwhelmed so quickly.

Who was he? What kind of jutsu was that? And what was the figure behind her?

Again Rina spat blood, while her chakra had become less and less. It was as if chakra was being robbed from her and her life was being sucked out. Her body was paralyzed as it simply dropped to the ground.

Breathing heavily, the Uchiha looked up at the darkening sky. A sky which was starting to rain and for some reason made Rina calm down.

With increasingly heavy eyes, Rina felt the raindrops on her skin. Her tiredness caught up with her again and again. Her lips, which she could open, formed a few words which she wanted to say before she would die here.

"S..Sa..suke..please..forgive me..I..was..too..weak...", she whispered, while her vision had become darker and darker and she had finally closed her eyes completely.