Chapter 56

A memory that had given Rina a headache when she reached the border of the Fire Realm. Her head throbbed as she held onto a tree to keep from falling over. Comrades. A word she simply hated.

And there she knew again who had been that one blurry person she had forgotten. Sasuke Uchiha, her twin brother. He had left Konohagakure the day before her to join Orochimaru. A decision she had made similarly.

That was all Rina remembered, and all she wanted to remember. It was enough to show her what a hatred she had for Itachi. Especially since he was still to blame for the death of Shisui, whose rumor she had not believed as a child. But now that Rina knew what Itachi was capable of, it was no longer a rumor to her.

"In order to receive the Mangekyou. You must betray a friend." he had said at the time. Well, actually more to Sasuke and Rina so she had that information. Itachi, after all, had no way of knowing that Rina had inherited the Sharingan as well. To her, however, this sentence no longer seemed logical. Itachi had received his Mangekyou because he had not betrayed a friend, but had killed one.

Apparently, Rina had been an exception, who had received this eye art out of pure emotion. With Sasuke it would certainly look different.

Briefly, Rina exhaled, having put the pain behind her. Looking up at the sky, she realized that too much time had already passed. The blue sky had gone, which was dipped in an orange color. In between was the color yellow, as well as red, which reminded Rina of something. She was also not unfamiliar with the orange color.

"I should keep going...", Rina spoke to herself and jumped on one of the trees to move faster. There was no way she was going to let Sasuke take her revenge away.

All this training she had done was so that she could kill Itachi herself. Sasuke was only in her way. I wonder how strong he was today. What jutsus had he learned from Orochimaru? How was he doing?

The Uchiha asked herself all these questions and despite her oblivion, she still had a bond with Sasuke. A bond that was almost broken since she was with Akatsuki. But maybe it was good that way. Because this way Rina could act without having to think about his condition.

A distraction wouldn't come in handy. Especially since she had a task, which only she could have. And this task would begin as soon as Itachi's death was certain.